10 Biggest Stock Price Percentage Movers of the Day
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Harleysville Group Inc. (NASDAQ:HGIC): Up +87.06%. Harleysville Group Inc. is an insurance holding company. The Company operates with Harleysville Mutual Insurance Company to form a network of insurance companies primarily in the eastern and midwestern United States. Harleysville underwrites personal and commercial property and casualty coverages, including automobile, homeowners, commercial multi-peril, and workers compensation.
- Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE:THO): Up +21.12%. Thor Industries, Inc. produces and sells a wide range of recreation vehicles, as well as small and mid-size buses. The Company markets its products through independent dealers located throughout the United States and Canada. Thor’s products are sold under the Airstream Classic, Dutchmen, Skamper, Infinity, Four Winds, Citation, Signature, and other names.
- Johnson Controls Inc PRFD ‘Z’ (NYSE:JCI-Z): Up +19.63%.
- LG Display Co Ltd. (NYSE:LPL): Up +12.05%. LG Display Company Ltd. develops and manufactures digital display products. The Company’s products include thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) for notebook and desktop computer monitors, TVs, and mobile phones. LG Display provides its products to overseas and domestic markets.
- ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): Up +10.35%. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down -18.31%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (NASDAQ:FMCN): Down -18.17%. Focus Media Holding Limited operates an out-of-home advertising network in China. The Company uses audiovisual television displays which are placed primarily in high-traffic areas of commercial office buildings such as in lobbies and near elevators, as well as in large retail chain stores and other venues.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD): Down -13.66%. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. manufactures semiconductor products. The Company manufactures products that include microprocessors, embedded microprocessors, chipsets, graphics, video and multimedia products. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. offers its products on a global basis.
- New Oriental Education & Tech Grp (NYSE:EDU): Down -11.68%. New Oriental Education & Technology Group, Inc. offers educational services. The Company offers foreign language training, test preparation courses for admissions and assessment tests in the United States, the PRC and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online classes.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down -10.97%. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>