10 Biggest Stock Price Percentage Movers on Friday
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oi ETF (NYSE:SCO): Up +8.56%. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will seek daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Crude Oil Sub-Index.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up +6.56%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Direxion Daily Finan. Bear 3X Shs (NYSE:FAZ): Up +5.98%. Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the inverse of the price performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Index.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:MRH): Up +3.85%. Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. is the holding company of Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. The Company is a Bermuda-based provider of reinsurance for the global insurance market. Montpelier writes a diversified range of insurance and reinsurance business with an initial emphasis on property exposed business.
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. (NASDAQ:SGEN): Up +3.5%. Seattle Genetics, Inc. discovers and develops monoclonal antibody-based drugs to treat cancer and related diseases. The Company’s technologies increase the potency and efficacy of monoclonal antibodies with specificity for cancer.
- Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU): Down -14.14%. Micron Technology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory chips (DRAMs), very fast static random access memory chips (SRAMs), Flash Memory, other semiconductor components, and memory modules. Micron Technology Earnings Cheat Sheet: Margins Shrink as Revenue Falls>>
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): Down -12.98%. Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc. (NASDAQ:HMIN): Down -12.61%. Home Inns & Hotels Management, Inc. operates a chain of budget hotels in the People’s Republic of China. The Company manages some of the hotels in its chain on behalf of franchisees.
- Sotheby’s (NYSE:BID): Down -11.8%. Sotheby’s auctions fine arts, antiques, and collectibles, offering property in a wide variety of collecting categories. The Company conducts auctions in the United States and other countries. Sotheby’s also purchases and resells art, brokers art, markets and brokers luxury residential real estate, provides art-related financing, and restores art.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. (NYSE:CEA): Down -11.32%. China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited provides passenger and cargo airline services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>