As the Dow Jones Industrial Average has dropped over 150 points and the S&P 500 is down over 1% today, here are the hottest stocks on our radar for you to watch:
- The Shaw Group Inc. (NYSE:SHAW): Shares of The Shaw Group Inc. are trading higher today. The company’s delivered a double-digit decline in revenue in its latest quarterly report. The Shaw Group Inc. provides engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, fabrication, manufacturing, consulting, remediation, and facilities management services for government and private sector clients in the power, process, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
- Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Shares of Humana Inc. are trading higher today after issuing an 11% revenue increase in quarterly growth. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:PCRX): Shares of Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc are trading higher today after pleasing shareholders with its latest quarterly earnings release.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:NPSP): Shares of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are trading lower today after released mixed Phase III clinical data for its gastrointestinal treatment Gattex which treats short bowel syndrome. NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of treatment options for patients with rare gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders and serious unmet medical needs.
- HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. (NYSE:HMC): Shares of HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. are trading lower today after announcing the cut of its supply chain today. HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. develops, manufactures, and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, and power products such as generators and farm machinery. The Company also operates a financial credit business. Honda Motor has manufacturing facilities in the US, Canada, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, India, and Thailand.
- Changyou.com Limited (NASDAQ:CYOU): Shares of Changyou.com Limited are trading lower today. The company delivered a strong double-digit growth quarter, but it wasn’t enough to cause investors to buy the stock today. Shares are down over 14%. Buying opportunity anyone? Changyou.com Ltd. develops online computer games. The Company licenses its massively multi-player online role playing games.
- Loews Corporation (NYSE:L): Shares of Loews Corporation are trading lower today after missing analyst forecasts today on their latest quarterly earnings report. Loews Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is involved in a variety of businesses including commercial property-casualty insurance, offshore drilling, natural gas exploration and production, operation of natural gas pipeline systems, and the operation of hotels and resorts.
- Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE:HAE): Shares of Haemonetics Corporation are trading lower today after the company missed their earnings estimates today in their latest quarterly report. Haemonetics Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets automated blood processing systems. The Company’s products are for use in surgical blood salvage, blood component collections, and plasma collections. Haemonetics markets its products worldwide, primarily outside the United States.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:CTB): Shares of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company are trading higher today after reporting a quarterly earnings release that caused investors to buy shares. Cooper Tire & Rubber Company manufactures and markets replacement tires. The Company focuses on the manufacture and sale of passenger and light truck replacement tires. Cooper also manufactures radial medium truck tires and materials and equipment for the truck tire retread industry.
- Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR): Shares of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. are trading higher today after MF Global files for bankruptcy. One broker loses and another broker gains. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. is an automated global electronic market maker and broker specializing in routing orders and executing and processing trades in securities, futures, and foreign exchange instruments.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>