10 Companies Moving Major Share Interest May 5th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is lower 51 points today at 12,671, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is lower 2 points at 1,345 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is up 10 points at 2,838 on the 86th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- General Motors Company (NYSE:GM): Shares of General Motors Company are trading lower 1.18% to $32.63 per share today. Over 20 million shares have traded hands today on the heels of the company’s fifth consecutive profitable quarter. General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide.
- DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV): Shares of DIRECTV are trading up 2% to $49.47 per share today. 7 million shares have traded hands following a strong quarterly earnings report. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The Company acquires, promotes, sells and distributes digital entertainment programming via satellite to residential and commercial subscribers.
- The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL): Shares of The Estee Lauder Companies are trading higher over 1% to $96.80 per share today. Over 1.6 million shares have traded hands after the company reported the fifth straight double-digit sales jump. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures and markets a wide range of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in countries and territories around the world.
- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS): Shares of Electronic Arts are trading higher 8% to $21.55 per share today. Over 11 million shares have traded hands following a big earnings report from the video game developer. Electronic Arts Inc. develops, publishes, and distributes branded interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game consoles, personal computers, handheld game players, and cellular handsets. The Company also provides online game-related services.
- BMC Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC): Shares of BMC Software are trading higher 7% to $52.54 per share today. Over 2.5 million shares have traded hands after their quarterly earnings release. BMC Software, Inc. provides management solutions for mainframe and distributed information technology systems. The Company’s portfolio of software solutions spans enterprise systems, applications, databases and IT process management. BMC also provides maintenance and support for its products and performs software implementation, integration and education services for its customers.
- The Timberland Company (NYSE:TBL): Shares of The Timberland Company are trading lower 28% to $30.27 per share today. Over 3.75 million shares have traded hands today The Timberland Company designs, develops, engineers, markets, and distributes footwear, apparel, and accessories for men, women, and children. The Company’s products are sold through independent retailers, department stores, and athletic stores, as well as Timberland specialty stores and factory outlets. Timberland’s products are sold in the United States and internationally.
- Aeropostale, Inc. (NYSE:ARO): Shares of Aeropostale are trading lower over 15% to $21.60 per share today. Over 7 million shares have traded hands today. Aeropostale, Inc. is a mall-based retailer of casual apparel and accessories that targets young women and men in the pre-teen and teenage market. The Company’s stores provide active-oriented, fashion basic merchandise. Aeropostale operates stores throughout the United States.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI): Shares of Whole Foods Market are trading higher 1% to $60.33 per share today. Over 5 million shares have traded hands following the food store’s latest quarterly report. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.
- Kendle International Inc. (NASDAQ:KNDL): Shares of Kendle International are trading higher over 57% to $15.01 per share today. Over 5 million shares have traded hands after it was announced the company will be purchased for $15.25 per share by INC Research. Kendle International Inc. is a contract research organization. The Company provides a broad range of Phase I through IV clinical research and drug development services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Kendle operates offices in the United States, Europe, and China.
- Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE:KFT): Shares of Kraft Foods are trading down 1% to $33.55 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands ahead of the Dow component’s earnings release this evening. Kraft Foods Inc. is a food and beverage company. The Company manufactures and markets packaged food products, including snacks, beverages, cheese, convenient meals and various packaged grocery products. Kraft sells its products throughout the world.