10 Large Cap Stocks Reach 52-Week Highs as Dow Jones Drops 100 Points After Labor Day
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE:GLD): Down 0.19% to $182.90. SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
- Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG): Down 0.2% to $54.60. Goldcorp, Inc. is a North American gold producer. The Company has gold mining operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia. Goldcorp owns the Red Lake mine in Ontario.
- Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM): Up 0.06% to $64.51. Newmont Mining Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company produces gold from operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Canada, New Zealand and Mexico. Newmont also mines and processes copper in Indonesia.
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury (NYSE:UST): Up 0.39% to $104.14. ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index.
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Up 0.59% to $113.35. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Up 0.96% to $313.83. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond (NYSE:AGG): Up 0.26% to $110.24. iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the total United States investment grade bond market as defined by the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Index.
- Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE:AUY): Up 0.48% to $16.91. Yamana Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer with production, development stage, and exploration properties throughout Brazil. The Company also holds gold exploration properties in Argentina.
- Eldorado Gold Corp. (NYSE:EGO): Up 2.45% to $21.36. Eldorado Gold Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company currently has operating gold mines in Brazil, China, Turkey, Greece, and surrounding regions.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN): Up 5.19% to $59.84. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches and develops proprietary immunoregulatory compounds for the treatment of autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases. The Company develops C5 complement inhibitors and Apogens which are two classes of potential therapeutic compounds designed to selectively target specific disease-causing segments of the immune system.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)