10 Stocks Achieving 52-Week Highs As Markets Drop
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Down 0.11% to $116.24. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Up 1.83% to $5.57. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR): Up 2% to $78.18. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond (NYSE:AGG): Up 0.08% to $107.08. iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the total United States investment grade bond market as defined by the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Index.
- iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond (NYSE:SHY): Up 0.01% to $84.25. iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the short-term sector of the United States Treasury market as defined by the Barclays Capital 1-3 Year Treasury Index.
- National Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE:NSM): Up 0.33% to $24.54. National Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a wide variety of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The Company produces systems on a single chip as well as analog, mixed-signal, and other multichip integrated circuits. National provides solutions for the information appliance, personal computing, consumer, and communication markets.
- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL): Down 2.23% to $24.55. Foot Locker, Inc. is primarily a mall-based athletic retailer that operates athletic retail stores in countries located in North America, Europe, and Australia. The Company provides athletic footwear and apparel through its Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, and Champs Sports retail stores. Foot Locker also operates a direct-to-consumer channel, Footlocker.com/Eastbay.
- American Capital Agency Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC): Up 0.1% to $30.00. American Capital Agency Corporation is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in agency pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity.
- Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN): Up 1.68% to $18.77. Amarin Corporation PLC is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company researches, develops, and commercializes drugs for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia, central nervous system disorders, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CBST): Up 2.29% to $36.64. Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug company that discovers, develops, and commercializes novel drugs to treat infections. The Company’s lead product is a unique agent with bactericidal activity that addresses the critical need for new antibiotics with potent activity against life threatening infections.