As the Dow Jones Industrial Average is down 115 points and the S&P 500 ticks just a tad lower than flat, we uncover the hottest stocks trading on Wall Street today:
- Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO): Shares of Yahoo! Inc. are trading higher today as Alibaba’s CEO expressed interest in Yahoo and might join up with private equity group Silver Lake and Russia’s Digital Sky Technologies to make a bid. Yahoo! Inc. is a global Internet media company that offers an online guide to Web navigation, aggregated information content, communication services, and commerce. The Company’s site includes a hierarchical, subject-based directory of Web sites, which enables users to locate and access information and services through hypertext links included in the directory.
- Bank of America (NYSE:BAC): Shares of Bank of America are trading lower today. The giant bank hit fresh 52-week lows today at $5.13 per share as customers voice negative feedback toward the debit card fee increase. Banking stocks are consequently dragging downward too. The resurfacing of TARP talk is back in action once again. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE): Shares of TECO Energy, Inc. are trading lower today. TECO Energy, Inc. is a diversified, energy-related utility holding company. The Company, through various subsidiaries, provides retail electric service to customers in west central Florida, as well as purchases, distributes, and markets natural gas for residential, commercial, industrial, and electric power generation customers. Teco also has coal operations.
- Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN): Shares of Wynn Resorts, Limited are trading higher today. Nomura upgrade the stock today sending shares upward over 5%. Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.
- Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACUR): Shares of Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are trading higher today. Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a pharmaceutical technology development company. The Company researches, develops, and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) used as raw materials in the production of pharmaceutical products. Acura has developed technologies for use in narcotic-based pain management products.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (NASDAQ:FMCN): Shares of Focus Media Holding Limited are trading higher today. The stock is up over 16% today. The positive news of the company’s share buyback continues to be the catalyst in play. Focus Media Holding Limited operates an out-of-home advertising network in China. The Company uses audiovisual television displays which are placed primarily in high-traffic areas of commercial office buildings such as in lobbies and near elevators, as well as in large retail chain stores and other venues.
- Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:SYMX): Shares of Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. are trading lower today. Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. designs, invests in, builds, owns, and operates utility plants for industrial customers.
- DemandTec, Inc. (NASDAQ:DMAN): Shares of DemandTec, Inc. are trading higher today. DemandTec, Inc. provides consumer demand management (CDM) software. The Company’s software captures and analyzes recent retailer and market-level data to provide a scientific understanding of consumer behavior.
- Global Payments Inc. (NYSE:GPN): Shares of Global Payments Inc. are trading flat today. Along with Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM), the company is set to release earnings after the bell today. Global Payments Inc. provides electronic transaction processing, information systems, and services. The Company serves the financial, corporate, government, and merchant communities on a worldwide basis. Global Payments provides funds transfer, merchant services, merchant accounting, Internet services, and other services.
- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK): Shares of Eastman Kodak Company are trading higher today. Eastman Kodak Company develops, manufactures, and markets imaging products. The company provides professional and consumer digital cameras, laser images for radiologists, and photographic films for professionals and amateurs. Kodak also provides digital services for cinematographers, document scanners, aerial images, digital printers for commercial customers, and flat panel displays.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>