Here are the top stocks, with a market cap greater than $10 billion, that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading:
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Down 1.1% to $17.92. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products. Alcoa Earnings Preview: Your Cheat Sheet to 5 Metrics You Must Know>>
- Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. (NYSE:EBR): Up 0.25% to $16.24. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras) generates, transmits, and markets electricity through regional companies in Brazil. The Company plans, finances, coordinates, and supervises expansion projects for its subsidiaries.
- The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB): 0% to $62.12. The Chubb Corporation, a holding company, offers property and casualty insurance, which includes personal, standard commercial and specialty commercial insurance. The Company provides insurance coverage principally in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Latin America and Asia.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPGY): Up 0.28% to $89.20. Shire PLC markets, licenses and develops prescription medicines. The Group focuses its operations on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal, and renal diseases.
- Silver Wheaton Corp. (NYSE:SLW): Up 3.08% to $46.91. Silver Wheaton Corporation purchases and sells by-product silver from operating mines. The Company has long term contracts to purchase all or a portion of the silver production from mines in Mexico, Sweden, Peru, Greece and the United States.
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Down 1.11% to $40.16. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- Parker Hannifin Corporation (NYSE:PH): Down 1.67% to $95.31. Parker Hannifin Corporation manufactures motion control products, including fluid power systems, electromechanical controls, and related components. The Company also produces fluid purification, fluid flow, process instrumentation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and electromagnetic shielding and thermal management products.
- Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ): Down 0.36% to $52.81. Williams Partners LP is a master limited partnership that owns natural gas gathering, transportation, processing and treating assets.
- Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR): Up 2.57% to $77.00. Murphy Oil Corporation is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company with refining and marketing operations in the United States and the United Kingdom. The Company also has exploration and production activities in countries that include United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, and Ecuador. Murphy Oil has retail operations as well in the United States. Oil ETFs: The Top 10 Exchange Traded Funds for Your Oil Investing List>>
- AEGON N.V. (NYSE:AEG): Up 0.5% to $7.98. AEGON N.V. offers life and health insurance, and related pension, savings, and investment products in Europe and North America. The Company also offers property and casualty insurance in the Netherlands, Spain, and Hungary, and financial services including banking, equipment lease financing, and mortgage lending.
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>