Following is a list of 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog:
- Alcoa (NYSE:AA): Shares of Alcoa traded lower 1% to $17.77 per share today. After-hours, Alcoa beat earnings but missed on revenue estimates and the stock is lower. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products. Dow 30 Quarterly Earnings Season Preview>>
- Toyota (NYSE:TM): Shares of Toyota traded down 1.77% to $76.50 per share today. Fears of the rippling effect of more Japanese coastal earthquakes continue to plague Japanese stocks. TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION manufactures, sells, leases, and repairs passenger cars, trucks, buses, and their related parts worldwide. The Company also operates financing services through their subsidiaries. Toyota Motor builds homes, produces pleasure boats, and develops intelligent transportation systems including radar cruise control and electronic toll collection systems.
- American Medical Systems Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMMD): Shares of American Medical Systems Holdings traded higher 32% to $29.50 per share today. Endo Pharma (NASDAQ:ENDP) announced the acquisition of the company for $2.6 billion. American Medical Systems Holdings, Inc. supplies medical devices to physicians specializing in the treatment of urological disorders. The company’s products focus on urological disorders such as incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and prostate disease.
- Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE): Shares of Expedia traded lower 3% to $24.52 per share today. Fears increased of Google’s (NASDAQ:GOOG) approved entrance into the travel software business. Expedia, Inc. provides branded online travel services for leisure and small business travelers. The Company offers a wide range of travel shopping and reservation services, providing real-time access to schedule, pricing and availability information for airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH): Shares of Community Health Systems traded lower 38% to $25.89 per share today. The company launched a hostile bid for Tenet (NYSE:THC) earlier this year and is now being sued by Tenet, a potential complication to the deal. Community Health Systems Inc. owns, leases, and operates hospitals in multiple states. The Hospitals services include emergency room services, general surgery, critical care, internal medicine, obstetrics and diagnostic services. Community Health also owns interests in physicians, physician practices, imaging centers, home health agencies and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (NASDAQ:EFII): Shares of Electronics For Imaging traded higher 10% to $16.55 per share today. The company topped Q1 forecasts. Electronics for Imaging, Inc. designs and markets products that support color and black-and-white printing on a variety of peripheral devices. The Company’s Fiery products incorporate hardware and software technologies that transform digital copiers and printers from copier manufacturers into networked printers. Products are sold in North America, Europe, and Japan.
- Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:TYC): Shares of Tyco International Ltd. traded higher 3% to $48.72 today. Speculative reports say Schneider Electric is considering a bid for Tyco. Tyco International Ltd. provides security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products.
- Tasty Baking Company (NASDAQ:TSTY): Shares of Tasty Baking Company traded higher 146% to $3.97 per share today. Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) is buying the company for $34.4 million today. Tasty Baking Company manufactures and sells a variety of single portion cakes, pies, cookies, pretzels, brownies, pastries, donuts, cupcakes, and snack bars under the TASTYKAKE trademark. The Company’s products are sold to retail outlets primarily in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. Tasty Baking’s products are also sold in other states and Canada.
- Global Crossing Ltd. (NASDAQ:GLBC): Shares of Global Crossing Ltd. traded higher 68% to $24.97 per share today. Level 3 (NASDAQ:LVLT) announced the takeover of Global Crossing today for $1.9 billion. Global Crossing Ltd. provides telecommunications solutions over a global Internet protocol-based network, which reaches various countries around the world. The Company serves corporations, providing a full range of managed data and voice products and services.
- Biogen Idec (NASDAQ:BIIB): Shares of Biogen traded higher 7% to $78.55 per share today. It’s reported that one of their MS drugs could increased their share price at takeover. Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>