Christmas may have come and gone, but holiday shopping deals are still here. While the most eager bargain hunters hit the malls on December 26 for post-holiday doorbuster sales, many retailers are offering big discounts through the New Year and beyond in order to unload unsold merchandise and make way for new items.
Overall retail sales were up 7.9% between Black Friday and Christmas Eve, according to a report from MasterCard SpendingPulse, but some retailers did better this year than others. Online shopping was up 20%, but sales in electronics and men’s apparel lagged.
A lackluster holiday season at some retailers is good news for shoppers, who can score savings of more than 50% on certain items. Cold-weather apparel is an especially good buy, since unusually warm weather in much of the United States means stores have piles of coats, boats, sweaters, and scarves they need to get off the racks.
“The more seasonal it is, the more they’re going to have to discount it,” Simeon Siegel, a retail analyst with financial company Nomura, told USA Today. “Outerwear and sweaters are going to be more discounted than jeans.”
You can also find good deals on cameras, audio equipment, sports equipment, and video games, according to Deal News. Seasonal décor is also cheap right now, as are holiday-themed gift sets of food, fragrance, and other items.
Here are 10 stores offering great post-Christmas discounts on everything from clothes to outdoor gear.
1. Banana Republic: Extra 50% off sale items. Through January 5.
2. J. Crew: 40% off winter sale styles in stores and online. Through January 6.
3. Men’s Wearhouse: Up to 70% off outerwear, 60% off sweaters, 50% off cold weather accessories, and buy one, get one free on jeans. Through December 30.
4. Nordstrom: Get 50% off or more at the department store’s half-yearly sale, like this Michael Kors double-breasted peacoat that’s marked down to $99 from $295. Through January 3.
Electronics and Games
5. Best Buy: Miscellaneous deals on electronics, including a free Samsung 32-inch TV with purchase of a new Samsung Galaxy S6 (through January 2) and $100 off an Apple Watch. Plus, get up to 50% off clearance and open-box items at the Best Buy outlet through January 16.
6. GameStop: You can score a pre-owned Xbox One for $249 (a savings of $5o), up to 20% off Xbox One accessories, and discounts on games for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
7. Cabela’s: Up to 60% off after-Christmas clearance. Through January 6.
8. REI: Up to 50% holiday clearance items, like this ultra-light backpack available for half off the regular price. REI members can also stop by a physical store on January 2 to shop the chain’s garage sale, where you can score great deals on returned or slightly damaged items.
10. Pottery Barn: Up to 60% off winter warehouse sale items, plus free shipping on all orders with the code FREESHIP.