10 Strong Stocks Achieving 52-Week Highs as U.S. Markets Continue Rally
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (NYSE:KOF): Up 2.28% to $92.59. Coca-Cola Femsa, S.A.B. de C.V. (Femsa) bottles beverages. The Company bottles and distributes branded beverages in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. In some countries Femsa also markets water, beer, and other products.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 2.81% to $115.13. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI): Up 3.46% to $12.57. Activision Blizzard, Inc. publishes, develops, and distributes interactive entertainment software and peripheral products. The Company’s products cover diverse game categories, including action/adventure, action sports, racing, role playing, simulation, first-person action, music-based gaming and strategy.
- Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. (NYSE:SQM): Up 6.55% to $50.46. Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile SA produces and markets specialty fertilizers including potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, and potassium sulfate for the agricultural industry. The Company also produces industrial chemicals, iodine and lithium. SQM markets its products in over 100 countries.
- BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE:BWA): Up 5.03% to $64.16. BorgWarner, Inc. supplies engineered systems and components, primarily for automotive powertrain applications. The Company’s products are manufactured and sold worldwide, primarily to original equipment manufacturers of passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks. BorgWarner operates manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Cephalon Inc. (NASDAQ:CEPH): Up 0.2% to $81.16. Cephalon, Inc. is an international biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets biopharmaceutical products to treat neurological disorders, pain, and cancer. The Company’s products include a product that treats excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN): Up 2.76% to $33.47. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes therapeutic enzyme products. The Company has applied its proprietary enzyme technology to develop products for lysosomal storage diseases and for the treatment of serious burns. BioMarin’s subsidiary provides analytical and diagnostic products and services in the area of carbohydrate biology.
- Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE:TIN): Up 0.45% to $31.43. Temple-Inland Inc. manufactures paper, corrugated packaging, and building products. Temple-Inland’s products include linerboard, lumber, particleboard, and fiberboard.
- Seattle Genetics Inc. (NASDAQ:SGEN): Up 3.18% to $21.41. Seattle Genetics, Inc. discovers and develops monoclonal antibody-based drugs to treat cancer and related diseases. The Company’s technologies increase the potency and efficacy of monoclonal antibodies with specificity for cancer.
- ProAssurance Corporation (NYSE:PRA): Up 1.01% to $77.33. ProAssurance Corporation is a risk management and claims defense company with a license to write business across the United States. The Company provides medical professional liability insurance to policyholders throughout the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>