10 Super Hot Stocks Lighting Up Our Trading Screens: AZO, CCL, KONA, CAG, FDS, HLS, XLNX, JEF, ATRN, HME
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Shares of AutoZone, Inc. are trading flat today after the car dealer posted its fifth straight quarter of double-digit growth. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL): Shares of Carnival Corporation are trading higher today after shocking Wall Street with an earnings beat when analysts expected low demand for cruises. Carnival Corporation owns and operates cruise ships offering cruises to all major vacation destinations including North America, the United Kingdom, Germany, Southern Europe, South America and Asia/Pacific. The Company, through a subsidiary also owns and operates hotels and lodges.
- Kona Grill, Inc. (NASDAQ:KONA): Shares of Kona Grill, Inc. are trading higher today after catching an upgrade to Strong Buy. Kona Grill, Inc. owns and operates restaurants in several states in the United States. The Company’s restaurants offer mainstream American dishes, as well as appetizers and entrees with an international influence. Each restaurant also features a sushi menu and sushi bar.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE:CAG): Shares of ConAgra Foods, Inc. are trading lower today after the food company said it will start to look for other deals after Post cereal maker Ralcorp (NYSE:RAH) rejected their deal valued at $5.2 billion. ConAgra Foods, Inc. manufactures and markets packaged foods for retail consumers, restaurants and institutions. The Company offers a wide range of food products, including meals, entrees, condiments, sides, snacks, specialty potato products, milled grain ingredients, dehydrated vegetables and seasonings, and blends and flavors.
- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS): Shares of FactSet Research Systems Inc. are trading higher today after announcing earnings where revenues rose 14.1% to $191.9 million from the year earlier quarter. FactSet Research Systems Inc. supplies global economic and financial data to analysts, investment bankers, and other financial professionals. The Company combines databases from multiple suppliers into a single online source of information and analytics, including fundamental data.
- HEALTHSOUTH Corp. (NYSE:HLS): Shares of HEALTHSOUTH Corp. are trading lower today after announcing a conference call tomorrow to discuss the impact of President Obama’s deficit reduction plan on the firm’s rehab facilities. HEALTHSOUTH Corporation provides inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services. The Company operates inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, outpatient and rehabilitation satellites, and home health agencies. HEALTHSOUTH provides treatment on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX): Shares of Xilinx, Inc. are trading lower today after cutting earnings guidance. Xilinx, Inc. designs, develops, and markets complete programmable logic solutions. The Company’s solutions include advanced integrated circuits, software design tools, predefined system functions delivered as cores of logic, and field engineering support. Xilinx sells its products through several channels of distribution to customers in the United States and overseas.
- Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE:JEF): Shares of Jefferies Group, Inc. are trading higher today after announcing a 20 million share buyback while beating earnings expectations. Jefferies Group, Inc. is an independent, full-service global securities and investment banking firm. The Company provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, including M&A and restructuring, as well as institutional brokerage in equity, equity-linked, high yield and other fixed income securities, along with fundamental research and asset management.
- Atrinsic, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATRN): Shares of Atrinsic, Inc. are trading higher today. Atrinsic Inc. offers digital and mobile entertainment products. The Company operates Internet entertainment portals, a gaming website, and a website offering storefront services to customers selling digital content.
- Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME): Shares of Home Properties, Inc. are trading lower today after pricing a 5.25 million share secondary offering at $58.5 per share.. Home Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust with operations in selected Northeast, Midwest, and Mid-Atlantic markets in the United States. The Company owns, operates, acquires, and rehabilitates apartment communities. Home Properties also manages commercial space.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>