10 Trending Stocks Buzzing Our Trading Screens as Dow Jumps 150 Points: CALM, FSL, CLX, MELA, EK, ORCL, JNJ, C, PFE, WMT
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ:CALM): Shares of Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. are trading lower today after missing earnings estimates this morning on news of higher feed costs hurting margins. Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. produces, cleans, grades, packs, and sells fresh shell eggs. The Company markets its products in various states in the Southwestern, Southeastern, Midwestern, and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL): Shares of Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. are trading lower today as the company cut its third quarter revenue guidance this morning.
- The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX): Shares of The Clorox Company are trading lower today after Carl Icahn announced he would not be pursuing a proxy fight. The Clorox Company produces and markets non-durable consumer products sold primarily through grocery and other retail stores. The Company’s principal products include household cleaning and bleach products, charcoal, cat litter, automotive care products, dressings, and trash bags. Clorox markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
- MELA Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:MELA): Shares of MELA Sciences, Inc. are trading higher today after the FDA issued an positive letter for its medical device which could help doctors more accurately diagnose melanoma. MELA Sciences Inc is a medical device company focused on the design and development of a non-invasive, point-of-care instrument to assist in the early diagnosis of melanoma. The Company’s product features a device that captures images of suspicious pigmented skin lesions and extracts data.
- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK): Shares of Eastman Kodak Company are trading lower today after the company announced it borrowed $160M against its credit line for “general corporate purposes.” Eastman Kodak Company develops, manufactures, and markets imaging products. The company provides professional and consumer digital cameras, laser images for radiologists, and photographic films for professionals and amateurs. Kodak also provides digital services for cinematographers, document scanners, aerial images, digital printers for commercial customers, and flat panel displays.
- Oracle Corp. (NASDAQ:ORCL): Shares of Oracle Corp. are trading up today following the announcement of its solution for health insurance exchanges. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ): Shares of Johnson & Johnson are trading higher today following the FDA approval of its blockbuster drug Remicade for pediatric patients with ulcerative colitis. Johnson & Johnson manufactures health care products and provides related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The Company sells products such as skin and hair care products, acetaminophen products, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic equipment, and surgical equipment in countries located around the world.
- Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C): Shares of Citigroup, Inc. are trading higher today as investors are back buying the financial sector after last week’s beat down. Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Shares of Pfizer Inc. are trading up today as investors see a safe dividend of 4.6% in the healthcare giant’s shared. Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT): Shares of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. are trading higher today giving the Dow Jones Industrial Average a nice lift and also sparking whether retail can surprise Wall Street estimates in the upcoming quarter. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer merchandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets offer a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>