Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE): Shares of Adobe Systems Incorporated are trading higher today after reporting solid earnings. Adobe Systems Incorporated develops, markets, and supports computer software products and technologies. The Company’s products allow users to express and use information across all print and electronic media. Adobe offers a line of application software products, type products, and content for creating, distributing, and managing information.
- Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): Shares of Oracle Corporation are trading higher today after the software giant announced positive earnings including an 11% increase in revenues. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
- General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS): Shares of General Mills, Inc. are trading higher today as the packaged food company kept the sector rallying on good earnings. General Mills, Inc. manufactures and markets branded and packaged consumer foods worldwide. The Company also supplies branded and unbranded food products to the foodservice and commercial baking industries.
- Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT): Shares of Avnet, Inc. are trading higher today after Jim Cramer said to buy the stock on Mad Money. Avnet, Inc. distributes computer products and semiconductors, as well as interconnect, passive, and electromechanical components. The Company markets, inventories, and adds value to these products and provides supply-chain integration, engineering design, and technical services. Avnet serves customers in countries around the world.
- Analogic Corporation (NASDAQ:ALOG): Shares of Analogic Corporation are trading higher today after reporting an 18% increase in revenue year-over-year. Analogic Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells standard and customized high-precision data acquisition, signal, and imaging processing based medical imaging and industrial systems and subsystems. The Company sells to original equipment manufacturers, and its products are put into systems used in medical, industrial, and scientific applications.
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OREX): Shares of Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. are trading higher today after the FDA allowed them to reinitiate development of its cardiovascular drug Contrave. Orexigen Therapeutics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of the central nervous system, or CNS, disorders with an initial focus on obesity.
- NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUVA): Shares of NuVasive, Inc. are trading lower today. NuVasive, Inc. designs, develops, and markets products for the surgical treatment of spine disorders. The Company’s products include Maximum Access Surgery (NYSE:MAS) and Fusion products.
- NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG): Shares of NRG Energy, Inc. are trading lower today after losing a patent lawsuit to Medtronic (NYSE:MDT). NRG Energy, Inc. owns and operates a diverse portfolio of power-generating facilities, primarily in the United States. The Company’s operations include energy production and cogeneration facilities, thermal energy production, and energy resource recovery facilities.
- IHS Inc. (NYSE:IHS): Shares of IHS Inc. are trading lower today after lowering FY ’11 guidance as defense and security markets continue to struggle. IHS Inc. provides provides critical information and insight in the areas of Energy, Product Lifecycle, Security, Environment and Macroeconomics that global businesses use for decision-making and management.
- TranS1 Inc. (NASDAQ:TSON): Shares of TranS1 Inc. are trading lower today after pricing a 6.2 million share offering at $3.25 per share. TranS1 Inc. designs, develops, and markets medical devices to treat degenerative disc disease affecting the lower lumbar region of the spine.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>