The Dow Jones is trading lower 176 points, the S&P is down 23 points and the Nasdaq is down 50 points, as Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens today:
- Jabil Circuit, Inc. (NYSE:JBL): Shares of Jabil Circuit, Inc. are trading higher today after releasing a very strong earnings report that impressed investors very much. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an electronic manufacturing services provider for international electronics companies in the communications, personal computer, peripheral, consumer, and automotive markets. The Company offers circuit design, board design from schematic, prototype assembly, volume board assembly, system assembly, repair, and warranty services.
- Saba Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:SABA): Shares of Saba Software, Inc. are trading higher today as the company beat Wall Street expectations in their quarterly earnings report. Saba Software, Inc. provides people systems software that combine people learning, people performance and people collaboration solutions. The Company’s customers include global organizations, financial services, life sciences, healthcare, high tech, automotive, manufacturing, energy, utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organisations. Saba has offices on five continents.
- Imperial Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:IFT): Shares of Imperial Holdings, Inc. are trading lower today. The FBI raided the company’s offices as the shares are down over 60% today.
- Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO): Shares of Family Dollar Stores, Inc. are trading slightly lower today. Shares popped in the morning following the company’s latest earnings report. The retailer saw an uptick in profit and will buy back shares. Family Dollar Stores, Inc. is a national discount store chain. The Company operates stores located throughout the United States that offer merchandise that includes consumables, home products, apparel and accessories, seasonal and electronics.
- Actuant Corporation (NYSE:ATU): Shares of Actuant Corporation are trading higher today. The company turned a profit in its most recent quarterly release. Actuant Corporation manufactures and markets a broad range of industrial products and systems. The Company sells branded, specialized electrical and industrial tools to hydraulic and electrical wholesale distributors, to catalog houses, and through retail distribution channels. Actuant also designs and markets customized motion control systems for original equipment manufacturers.
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE:MKC): Shares of McCormick & Company, Incorporated are trading lower today. Even though the company beat earnings expectations, it wasn’t enough to please investors. The company reiterated it will look to acquisitions for growth. McCormick & Company, Inc. manufactures, markets, and distributes flavor products (including spices, herbs, extracts, seasonings and flavorings) and other specialty food products to the food industry. The Company sells to retail stores, food manufacturers, and food service businesses.
- Accenture Plc (NYSE:ACN): Shares of Accenture Plc are trading higher today as the consulting company delivered a very strong double-digit growth quarter. Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances.
- RealD (NYSE:RLD): Shares of RealD are trading lower today after Sony said it would put the pause on buying the company’s 3-D glasses. RealD Inc. is a global licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional), or 3D, technologies. The Company licenses its Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also offers active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): Shares of Amazon.com, Inc. are trading higher today. Investors on Wall Street are going gaga for the Kindle Fire announcement. Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX): Shares of Paychex, Inc. are trading higher today as the company delivered a profitable quarter for shareholders. Paychex, Inc. provides comprehensive payroll and integrated human resource and employee benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses in the United States. The Company’s services range from calculating payroll and filing tax payments to administering retirement plans and workers’ compensation.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>