Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): Shares of Discover Financial Services are trading higher today after announcing earnings where net income more than doubled year-over-year. Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine(ATM)/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
- FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX): Shares of FedEx Corporation are trading lower today after the economic bellwether warned of an economic slowdown and cut their outlook. FedEx Corp. delivers packages and freight to multiple countries and territories throught an integrated global network. The Company provides worldwide express delivery, ground small-parcel delivery, less-than-truckload freight delivery, supply chain management services, customs brokerage services, and trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions.
- CarMax, Inc (NYSE:KMX): Shares of CarMax, Inc are trading lower today after reporting weak sales in a tough environment. CarMax, Inc. sells at retail new and used cars and light trucks. The Company purchases, reconditions, and sells new and used vehicles in its superstores and franchises throughout the United States.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY): Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. are trading higher today after beating earnings yesterday and catching some upgrades. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. operates a nationwide chain of retail stores. The Company, through its retail stores, sells a wide assortment of merchandise principally including domestics merchandise and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items and infant and toddler merchandise.
- Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT): Shares of Red Hat, Inc. are trading higher today after delivering solid earnings topping Wall Street expectations. Red Hat, Inc. develops and provides open source software and services, including the Red Hat Linux operating system. The Company’s Web site offers information and news about open source software and provides an online community of open source software users and developers.
- Herman Miller, Inc. (NASDAQ:MLHR): Shares of Herman Miller, Inc. are trading higher today after announcing good earnings yesterday. Herman Miller, Inc. researches, designs, manufactures, and distributes interior office furnishings, furniture systems, products, and services. The Company markets its products to companies, organizations, and individuals.
- Range Resources Corp. (NYSE:RRC): Shares of Range Resources Corp. are trading higher today on continued take over chatter. Range Resources Corporation is an independent oil and gas company that explore, develops, and acquires oil and gas properties. The Company conducts operations primarily in the Southwestern, Appalachian and Gulf Coast regions of the United States.
- Steelcase Inc. (NYSE:SCS): Shares of Steelcase Inc. are trading lower today after missing earnings expectations and lowering their outlook. Steelcase Inc. designs and manufactures products used to create high performance work environments. The Company’s products include office furniture, furniture systems, interior architectural products, technology products, seating, and related products and services. Steelcase has operations in various countries.
- Oracle Corp. (NASDAQ:ORCL): Shares of Oracle Corp. are trading lower today after investors take profits after an excellent earnings bump to the share price. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
- Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLS): Shares of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. are trading lower today as an active day trading target. Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. develops and manufactures products to prevent and eliminate infections in chronic and acute wounds.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>