As the Dow Jones surges higher 277 points and the S&P jumps to 1,189, Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog today:
- Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG): Shares of Walgreen Company are trading lower today. Following the company’s earnings release, investors are disgruntled over comments about “no substantial progress” in Walgreen’s contract renewal negotiations with Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX). Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness.
- American Greetings Corporation (NYSE:AM): Shares of American Greetings Corporation are trading lower today. Traders are selling shares of the company after a profitable quarterly release this morning but a bit below expectations. American Greetings Corporation and its subsidiaries design, manufacture, and sell everyday and seasonal greeting cards and other social expression products. The Company’s products include greeting cards, gift wrap, paper party goods, candles, balloons, stationery, and giftware. American Greetings’s products are sold throughout the world.
- The Geo Group, Inc. (NYSE:GEO): Shares of The Geo Group, Inc. are trading higher today. Value stock pickers are lifting shares over 4% today following its recent market dip to $18.50 per share on Sept. 22nd. The Geo Group Inc. operates private correctional facilities located mostly in the United States, but also in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa. The Company offers educational programs, vocational training, and rehabilitation therapy services.
- ImmunoGen, Inc. (NASDAQ:IMGN): Shares of ImmunoGen, Inc. are trading higher today. The stock continues to move higher on positive news from their clinical trial of Roche’s breast cancer drug. ImmunoGen, Inc. develops pharmaceuticals, primarily for the treatment of cancer. The Company’s tumor activated prodructs deliver chemotherapy specifically to a tumor. ImmunoGen has three drugs in clinical trials and is negotiating to take a drug into phase II trial. These products are being tested for the treatment of colorectal and small-cell lung cancer.
- Biodel Inc (NASDAQ:BIOD): Shares of Biodel Inc are trading lower today. Shares are down double digits following the company’s report of top-line results from pump study of experimental insulins. Biodel Inc. is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of treatments for endocrine disorders such as diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZN): Shares of Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. are trading higher today. Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. explores for oil and natural gas in Israel.
- Corrections Corporation of America (NYSE:CXW): Shares of Corrections Corporation of America are trading up today. Rumors continue to circulate of more privatizing of prisons across America. Corrections Corporation of America provides detention and corrections services to governmental agencies. The Company owns correctional and detention facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom. Services include design, construction, ownership, renovation, and management of new or existing jails and prisons, as well as long distance inmate transportation services.
- Neogen Corporation (NASDAQ:NEOG): Shares of Neogen Corporation are trading lower today. The company’s earnings missed as revenue growth slowed and margins dropped. Neogen Corporation develops and markets products and services dedicated to food and animal safety. The Company’s diagnostic products are used by food and animal producers to test for foodborne bacteria, food allergen, natural toxins, drug and chemical residues, plant diseases, and quality assurance.
- The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA): Shares of The Boeing Company are trading higher today. Boeing continues to lead the Dow Jones Industrial Average (NYSE:DIA) higher due to a deal with UTair Aviation for 40 Boeing Next-Generation 737 airplanes. The Dreamliner is ready and investors are excited once again for Boeing shares. The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters and space and missile systems.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT): Shares of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. are trading higher today. Shares of Walgreen took a dive this morning and investors are seeing opportunity in WMT shares where the company’s discount pharmacy and low prices on everyday goods thrive. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer merchandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets offer a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>