- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK): Shares of Eastman Kodak Company are trading higher today after calming investor fears there is a threat of bankruptcy on the horizon. The stock shot up over 50% today. Eastman Kodak Company develops, manufactures, and markets imaging products. The company provides professional and consumer digital cameras, laser images for radiologists, and photographic films for professionals and amateurs. Kodak also provides digital services for cinematographers, document scanners, aerial images, digital printers for commercial customers, and flat panel displays.
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): Shares of Ingersoll-Rand PLC are trading lower today after a Stern Agee analyst reduced his confidence on the company’s ability to meet its long-term outlook. Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE): Shares of TECO Energy, Inc. are trading lower today. The energy stock pays a 5% dividend to shareholders. TECO Energy, Inc. is a diversified, energy-related utility holding company. The Company, through various subsidiaries, provides retail electric service to customers in west central Florida, as well as purchases, distributes, and markets natural gas for residential, commercial, industrial, and electric power generation customers. Teco also has coal operations.
- Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN): Shares of Wynn Resorts, Limited are trading lower today due to its exposure to a weakening Chinese economy. Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.
- Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACUR): Shares of Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are trading higher today following its successful patent win on Friday. Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a pharmaceutical technology development company. The Company researches, develops, and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) used as raw materials in the production of pharmaceutical products. Acura has developed technologies for use in narcotic-based pain management products.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (NASDAQ:FMCN): Shares of Focus Media Holding Limited are trading higher today as the company announced it will increase its stock buyback program by $200 million to $650 million. Focus Media Holding Limited operates an out-of-home advertising network in China. The Company uses audiovisual television displays which are placed primarily in high-traffic areas of commercial office buildings such as in lobbies and near elevators, as well as in large retail chain stores and other venues.
- Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:SYMX): Shares of Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. are trading higher today. Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. designs, invests in, builds, owns, and operates utility plants for industrial customers.
- DemandTec, Inc. (NASDAQ:DMAN): Shares of DemandTec, Inc. are trading lower today. Even though shares were upgraded this morning by JMP Securities, investors are looking at the 9% quarter-over-quarter decline in DemandTec’s deferred revenue balance. DemandTec, Inc. provides consumer demand management (CDM) software. The Company’s software captures and analyzes recent retailer and market-level data to provide a scientific understanding of consumer behavior.
- Wolverine World Wide Inc. (NYSE:WWW): Shares of Wolverine World Wide Inc. are trading higher today after the company beat on both earnings and revenues this morning in its latest quarterly earnings report. Wolverine World Wide, Inc. manufactures and markets branded footwear and performance leathers. The Company’s products include shoes, slippers, occupational and safety footwear, and performance outdoor footwear, among others.
- Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. (NASDAQ:GRIF): Shares of Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. are trading lower today. Griffin Land & Nurseries, Inc. operates a landscape nursery and real estate business. The Company grows containerized landscape nursery products and owns and operates wholesale sales and service centers. Griffin also owns, builds, and manages commercial and industrial properties, and develops residential subdivisions. In addition, the Company holds partial interests in other companies.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>