11 Big Cap Stocks Drop to 52-Week Lows As Market Volatility Continues
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 11 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Up 0.9% to $10.06. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Apache Corp. (NYSE:APA): Up 0.38% to $82.88. Apache Corporation is an independent energy company. The Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company has operations in North America, onshore Egypt, offshore Western Australia, offshore the United Kingdom in the North Sea (North Sea), and onshore Argentina, as well as on the Chilean side of the island of Tierra del Fuego.
- Encana Corporation (NYSE:ECA): Up 0.15% to $19.62. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): Down 0.69% to $73.78. EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Down 2.97% to $31.34. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR): Down 2.39% to $18.40. Juniper Networks, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure solutions for Internet service providers and other telecommunications service providers. The Company offers network infrastructure solutions that includes IP routing, Ethernet switching, security and application acceleration solutions.
- Mosaic Co. (NYSE:MOS): Down 5.23% to $54.20. The Mosaic Company produces and distributes crop nutrients to the agricultural communities located in North America and other countries. The Company’s principal products include concentrated phosphates, and potash.
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC): Down 3.93% to $27.84.
- St. Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ): Down 0.4% to $36.91. St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes medical devices for the worldwide cardiovascular market. The Company serves patients and its health care customers with products and services including heart valves, cardiac rhythm management systems, specialty catheters, and other cardiovascular devices.
- Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM): Down 0.8% to $12.42. Talisman Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas producer. The Company has operations in North America, the North Sea, and Indonesia. Talisman is also conducting exploration in Southeast Asia, Algeria, Qatar, Colombia and Trinidad.
- Walgreen Co. (NYSE:WAG): Down 0.67% to $32.53. Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>