11 Large-Cap Stocks Breaking Out to 52-Week Highs
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 11 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM): Down 0.61% to $65.26. Newmont Mining Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company produces gold from operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Canada, New Zealand and Mexico. Newmont also mines and processes copper in Indonesia.
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury (NYSE:UST): Up 0.95% to $104.95. ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index.
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Down 0.51% to $314.49. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE:AUY): Down 2.36% to $16.98. Yamana Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer with production, development stage, and exploration properties throughout Brazil. The Company also holds gold exploration properties in Argentina.
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE:GDX): Down 1.23% to $65.81. Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield of the Amex Gold Miners Index.
- iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond (NYSE:SHY): Up 0.04% to $84.69. iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the short-term sector of the United States Treasury market as defined by the Barclays Capital 1-3 Year Treasury Index.
- New Gold, Inc. (AMEX:NGD): Down 1.03% to $13.90. New Gold Inc. is a natural resource company. The Company acquires, explores, and develops gold properties.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Down 2.32% to $74.39. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ:RGLD): Down 1.31% to $81.26. Royal Gold, Inc. acquires and manages precious metals royalties. The Company seeks to acquire existing royalties or to finance projects that are in production or near production in exchange for royalty interests. Royal Gold Inc.’s gold-focused portfolio contains royalties ranging from those in production and development to those in the evaluation and exploration stages.
- iShares Barclays 7-10 Year Treasury (NYSE:IEF): Up 0.49% to $105.14. iShares Barclays 7-10 Year Treasury Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the intermediate-term sector of the United States Treasury marker as defined by the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year Treasury Index. The Fund invests 95% of its assets in US government bonds.
- Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond ETF (NYSE:BIV): Up 0.12% to $88.52. Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond ETF is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks to track the performance of the Barclays Capital 5-10 Year Government/Credit Index, which includes all medium and larger issues of U.S. government, investment-grade corporate, and investment-grade international bonds with maturities between 5 and 10 years.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>