12 Stocks Are Winning at 52-Week Prices Highs as Markets Fall
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 12 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): Down 0.31% to $44.79. GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders
- Visa, Inc. (NYSE:V): Down 1.93% to $93.26. Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE:NKE): Down 0.41% to $96.35. NIKE, Inc. designs, develops, and markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children. The Company sells its products worldwide to retail stores, through its own stores, subsidiaries, and distributors.
- Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC): Down 0.4% to $44.39. Exelon Corporation is a utility services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries distributes electricity to customers in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Exelon also distributes gas to customers in the Philadelphia area as well as operates nuclear power plants in states that include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP): Down 0.85% to $39.85. HCP, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in health care related real estate throughout the United States. HCP’s properties include senior housing, life sciences, medical offices, hospitals, and skilled nursing homes.
- Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR): Down 0.77% to $55.61. Ventas, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust owns seniors housing communities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, and medical office buildings in the United States and Canada.
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC): Down 1.39% to $138.22. VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL): Down 2.02% to $158.79. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. The Company’s products are sold under a wide range of brands. Polo’s operations include Wholesale, Retail and Licensing.
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Up 0.23% to $114.70. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Up 5.65% to $84.89. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG): Down 1.55% to $336.12. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. owns and operates quick serve Mexican restaurants. The Company operates restaurants throughout the United States.
- Ross Stores Inc. (NASDAQ:ROST): Up 0.18% to $87.73. Ross Stores, Inc. operates a national chain of off-price retail apparel stores. The stores offer brand-name apparel, apparel-related merchandise for the entire family, fragrances, gift items, and linens for the home.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>