Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 12 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- Cadence Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CADX): Down 0.84% to $5.91. Cadence Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that develops drugs for use in hospitals. The Company produces intravenous APAP for the treatment of acute pain and fever, and omiganan for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections.
- Demand Media, Inc. (NYSE:DMD): Down 4.14% to $6.49. Demand Media, Inc. (Demand Media) is focused on an Internet-based model for the professional creation of content at scale. The Company’s business is comprised of two service offerings: Content & Media and Registrar.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:ENH): Up 2.92% to $33.13. Endurance Specialty Holdings Limited, is the holding company for Endurance Specialty Insurance Limited, which provides property and casualty insurance and reinsurance.
- FormFactor Inc. (NASDAQ:FORM): Up 4% to $6.24. FormFactor Inc, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced semiconductor wafer probe cards. The Company’s products are based on MicroSpring interconnect technology, which includes resilient spring-like contacts that are manufactured using micro-machining and scalable semiconductor-like wafer fabrication processes.
- Hospira Inc. (NYSE:HSP): Down 21.01% to $29.51. Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
- MF Global Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:MF): Up 4.85% to $3.89. MF Global Holdings Ltd. provides execution and clearing services for exchange-traded and OTC derivative products, non-derivative foreign exchange products and securities in the cash market.
- Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC (NYSE:NKA): Up 1.89% to $10.79. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC is an independent owner and operator of natural gas storage assets in North America. The Company stores natural gas for a broad range of customers, including financial institutions, marketers, pipelines, power generators, utilities and producers of natural gas.
- Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN): Down 1.39% to $12.77. QIAGEN N.V. provides sample and assay technologies. The Company’s technologies (in the format of consumables and automated solutions) are used to process biological samples and to analyze analytes contained therein, such as DNA and RNA. QIAGEN provides these technologies to customers conducting molecular diagnostics, applied testing, pharmaceutical R&D and academic research.
- ProShares UltraShort QQQ (NYSE:QID): Down 2.44% to $43.97. UltraShort QQQ ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the NASDAQ-100 Index
- RPX Corporation (RPXC): Up 1.36% to $18.58.
- STR Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:STRI): Down 9.56% to $7.85. STR Holdings Inc. manufactures solar power modules encapsulants. Encapsulants are extruded sheets and film which hold the solar module together and protect the semiconductor circuit of a solar panel. The Company also offers inspection, testing and audit services to assure that consumer products meet safety, regulatory, quality, and performance and social standards.
- TAL Education Group (NYSE:XRS): Down 13.12% to $8.61. TAL Education Group provides K-12 after-school tutoring services in China. The Company offers comprehensive tutoring services to K-12 students covering core academic subjects, including mathematics, English, Chinese, physics, chemistry and biology.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>