12 Stocks Sparking Massive Trading Interest May 12th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) has rebounded almost 200 points from the morning dip to 12,695, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is higher at 1,350 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is up at 2,864 on the 91st trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO): Shares are higher 4% to $17.05 per share. Over 163 million shares have traded hands today. Investors were disappointed with the company’s latest quarterly earnings report and are consequently selling shares. Maybe the Dow Jones should consider replacing Cisco with Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) to help give a lift to the most coveted index in the world. Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Silver is higher a half percent to $34.56 per share today. Over 142 million shares have traded hands. Technically, SLV finally bounced to give investors a better taste in their mouth for precious metals once again. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
- Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS): Shares of Kohl’s Corporation are trading higher 3.5% to $55.49 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands so far during trading action. Investors are pleased with a very positive report and upside momentum seen for the retailer. Kohl’s Corporation operates a chain of family-oriented department stores. The Company’s stores feature apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children; soft home products such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle income customers. Kohl’s also offers online shopping as well as offers store credit cards.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Shares are down in the dumps 12.88% to $4.12 per share today. Over 16 million shares have traded hands. Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) publicly stated it is selling 10 million shares it owns, not a good sign for Clearwire stock. Keep an eye on Sprint (NYSE:S), Verizon (NYSE:VZ) and AT&T (NYSE:T) today. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- Citigroup (NYSE:C): Shares are lower 1.84% to $42.13 per share. Over 41 million shares are trading hands at the new 1-for-10 reversed share price. The stock is down from the $45s on Monday as analysts are still getting comfortable with the new stock price. Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
- IncrediMail Ltd. (NASDAQ:MAIL): Shares of IncrediMail Ltd. are trading higher 6.69% to $7.66 per share today. The company reported a strong quarterly release this morning. IncrediMail Ltd. develops and markets computer software. The Company’s software allows the home user the ability to design highly personalized email presentations by using its collection of multimedia content.
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F): Shares of Ford Motor Company are trading up almost 1% to $15.28 per share today. Over 36 million shares have traded hands. Investors still see an edge over Toyota (NYSE:TM) for the remainder of the year since the Tsunami disaster still carries a lagging effect. Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.
- Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS): Shares are down over 3% to $142.94 per share. Over 15 million shares have traded hands today. The bank is facing major allegations and scrutiny over misleading clients as the Department of Justice prepares for a possible material lawsuit. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals.
- Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC): Shares of Symantec Corporation are trading higher 5% to $20.39 per share today. Over 24 million shares have traded hands following the company’s positive quarterly report last evening. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. The Company offers software and services that protect, manage and control information risks related to security, data protection, storage, compliance and management.
- Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M): Shares of Macy’s, Inc. continue to ride higher 1.23% to $28.71 per share today. Over 9 million shares have traded hands. Another positive day on the retail sales front and the improvement of the consumer are giving a boost to the stock. Macy’s, Inc. operates department stores in the United States. The Company also operates direct mail catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries. Macy’s retail stores sell a wide range of merchandise, including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings and other consumer goods.
- Top Image Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:TISA): Shares of Top Image Systems Ltd. are flat today. The company posted its 9th straight quarter of operations profit. Top Image Systems Ltd. develops and markets form processing, information recognition, and data entry software, systems, and technologies. The Company’s “AFPSPro” software provides a complete solution for mid to high-volume production form processing.
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BASI): Shares of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. are trading higher 19.35% to $2.22 per share today. Over 1.6 million shares have traded hands. Traders have been buyers of shares following this morning’s quarterly earnings release. Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. is a contract research organization providing research and development resources. The Company sells its services to pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology companies around the world.