14 Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs As Kentucky Derby Warms Up
Here are stocks that hit their lowest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN): Up 0.25% to $57.13. Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances.
- DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV): Up 0.91% to $48.59. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The Company acquires, promotes, sells and distributes digital entertainment programming via satellite to residential and commercial subscribers.
- Danaher Corp. (NYSE:DHR): Down 0.95% to $55.24. Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional instrumentation, medical technologies, industrial technologies, and tools and components.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): Up 0.27% to $51.33. National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Canadian National Railway Company (NYSE:CNI): Up 0.65% to $77.43. Canadian National Railway Company operates a network of track in Canada and the United States. The Company transports forest products, grain and grain products, coal, sulfur, and fertilizers, intermodal, and automotive products. Canadian National operates a fleet of locomotives and railcars.
- WisdomTree MidCap Earnings (NYSE:EZM): Up 0.12% to $60.58. WisdomTree MidCap Earnings Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks to track the price and yield performance of the WisdomTree MidCap Earnings Index, which tracks earnings-generating companies within the mid-capitalization segment of the U.S. stock market.
- Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG): Down 0.36% to $114.54. Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties.
- Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Up 0.49% to $39.04. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
- Prudential plc (NYSE:PUK): Up 0.19% to $25.84. Prudential plc is an international company which provides a wide assortment of insurance and investment products and services. Insurance products include life, accident and health, property and casualty insurance, as well as fixed and variable annuities. Financial and investment services include personal and group pensions, equity plans, mortgages and deposit accounts.
- Viacom, Inc. (VIA-B): Up 1.05% to $51.16.
- TransCanada Corp. (NYSE:TRP): Up 1.15% to $42.94. TransCanada Corporation is the parent company of TransCanada PipeLines Limited. The Company is focused on natural gas transmission and power services. TransCanada’s network of pipeline transports the majority of Western Canada’s natural gas production to markets in Canada and the United States. The Company also has interests in power plants in Canada and the United States.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW): Up 0.12% to $58.41. Illinois Tool Works Inc. designs and manufactures fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and a variety of specialty products and equipment. The Company’s products include industrial fluids and adhesives, tooling for specialty applications, welding products, and quality measurement equipment and systems. Illinois Tool Works operates worldwide.
- iShares S&P 500 Index (NYSE:IVV): Up 0.27% to $136.94. iShares S&P 500 Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the S&P 500 Index. The Fund uses a Replication strategy to obtain its objective. The Index measures the performance of the large-capitalization sector of the U.S. equity market.
- WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP): Up 0.31% to $76.79. WellPoint Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company provides health benefits, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.