14 Stocks Tap 52-Week Bottom Blues on First Trading Day of May
Here are stocks that hit their lowest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- Ambow Education Holding Ltd. (NYSE:AMBO): Down 4.11% to $7.00. Ambow Education Holding Ltd. is a national provider of educational and career enhancement services in China. The Company operates K-12 schools, tutoring centers, colleges and career enhancement centers.
- Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. (BRP): Down 1.62% to $12.15.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO): Down 3.39% to $21.36. Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.
- Ener1, Inc. (NASDAQ:HEV): Down 4.35% to $2.42. Ener1, Inc. is an energy technology company that develops lithium-ion-powered battery solutions for transportation, grid energy storage, and consumer markets. The Company, through its subsidiary, develops commercial fuel-cell products and nanotechnology-based materials. Ener1, Inc also, through its subsidiary, manufactures electric vehicle drivetrain products.
- Harte-Hanks Inc. (NYSE:HHS): Down 3.01% to $9.01. Harte-Hanks, Inc. owns and operates a direct marketing company that provides a full range of specialized, coordinated, and integrated direct marketing services to companies in a wide variety of industries. The Company’s customers are located in the United States and other countries. Harte-Hanks also publishes shopper publications which are highly targeted advertising vehicles.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACB): Down 10.65% to $10.99. Pacific Biosciences of California Inc. has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. The Company’s system enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution.
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (NYSE:SCO): Up 0.83% to $36.56. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will seek daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Crude Oil Sub-Index.
- ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (NYSE:SDS): Up 0.6% to $19.82. UltraShort S&P500 ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500 Index.
- ProShares UltraShort Russell2000 Value (NYSE:SJH): Up 2.14% to $45.95. UltraShort Russell2000 Value ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the Russell 2000 Value Index.
- TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. (AMEX:TAT): Down 4.94% to $2.50. TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. explores for and produces crude oil and natural gas. The Company holds interests in developed and undeveloped oil and gas properties in Turkey, Morocco, Romania, and the United States.
- Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X Shares (NYSE:TZA): Up 3.4% to $33.14. Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X Shares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the inverse of the price performance of the Small Cap Index. The Fund invests in at least 80% of its net assets in Financial Instruments that, provide exposure to the Small Cap Index.
- Universal American Corp (NYSE:UAM): Down 59.78% to $9.29. Universal American Financial Corp. is a life and accident and health insurance holding company. The Company focuses on senior market life insurance, annuity and accident and health insurance products designed for sale primarily in New York, Florida, and Texas.
- Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:UEPS): Down 0.6% to $8.33. Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. holds a non-exclusive worldwide license to the Universal Electronic Payment System (NASDAQ:UEPS). The Company commercializes the smart card based service through alliances with banks, card services, and retail organizations.
- Zipcar, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZIP): Down 2.6% to $25.12. Zipcar, Inc. offers car sharing services. The Company provides self-service vehicles in reserved parking spaces convenient to where their members live and work. Members can reserve cars by the hour or day for rates that include fuel, insurance and other costs. Zipcar operates in certain metropolitan areas and college campuses in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada.