Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of SLM Corporation (NYSE:SLM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought SLM Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Lord Albert L: act as Vice Chairman & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/02/2011, bought 100,000 shares, worth $1,370,000.
- Terracciano Anthony P: act as Director. On 08/08/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $58,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of SLM Corporation in Q3 2011:
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,740,421 shares, worth $33,844,199.
- WS MANAGEMENT LLLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,541,000 shares, worth $19,031,350.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,242,757 shares, worth $15,348,049.
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,220,700 shares, worth $15,075,645.
- DALTON INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 716,000 shares, worth $8,842,600.
About the company: SLM Corporation, commonly known as Sallie Mae, provides education funding, originating and servicing of U.S. government guaranteed and private student loans. The Company, through its subsidiaries, also provides debt management services and business and technical products to a range of clients including colleges, universities and loan guarantors.
Competitors to Watch: Nelnet, Inc. (NYSE:NNI), The Student Loan Corp. (NYSE:STU), Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), The First Marblehead Corp. (NYSE:FMD), Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), QC Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCCO), Advance America, Cash Advance Centers (NYSE:AEA), World Acceptance Corp. (NASDAQ:WRLD), and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (FMCC).
(Note: Data regarding SLM Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>