4 DJIA Stocks Making News

The Dow is up 0.58 percent Thursday and currently stands at 12,913.

Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA): The U.S. House of Representatives extends the charter of the Export-Import bank for three years, and raises its lending limit from $100 billion to $140 billion, reports The New York Times, and that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says that the Senate will try to pass the House bill. Boeing is a major beneficiary of loans from the Bank, and had fought to extend the bank’s charter, while Delta (NYSE:DAL) stood for reforms to the Bank’s practices.

Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT) says that its wholly owned subsidiary, Caterpillar Logististics, will sell its third party logistics unit, which comprises 65 percent of its equity, to Platinum Equity in a deal worth around $750 million. This move supports the parent company’s increased concentration upon its core units and their growth prospects, and it will retain the remaining 35 percent of equity. Other terms were undiscloed, and all are subject to the customary closing conditions and approvals.

EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD): The U.S. Agriculture Department has increased its forecast for domestic corn ending stocks for 2011/12 by 50 million bushels, to 851 million bushels. The same stocks for 2012/13 are forecast at 1.9 billion bushels, which is an increase of 1 billion from the current year, and the season-average farm price for this period is expected in a range of $4.20 to $5.00 per bushel, which falls sharply from the 2011/12 record projected at $5.95 to $6.25 per bushel. Finally, g worldwide coarse grain supplies for 2012/13 are expected to increase by 6 percent from the prior year to 1,389.2 million tons.

General Electric Co. (NYSE:GE): GE Capital Fleet Services introduced IntelliGauge, which is a mobile fuel and CO2 calculator application that enables users to compare components of their current vehicles against future vehicles. The app, which is free to use, is designed to assist consumers and businesses make intelligent decisions regarding purchases of vehicles, and is optimized for use with iPads, smartphones and desktops.

Want news like this in real-time so you can get an edge? Click here for Wall St. Cheat Sheet Pro.