4 Funds Buying V.F. Corp. Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of V.F. Corporation in Q3 2011:
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 929,450 shares, worth $112,946,764.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 617,786 shares, worth $75,073,355.
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 565,000 shares, worth $68,658,800.
- SCOPUS ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 221,700 shares, worth $26,940,984.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 187,388 shares, worth $22,771,390.
About the company: VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants.
Competitors to Watch: Gap (NYSE:GPS), Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP), Saks (NYSE:SKS), Macy’s (NYSE:M), Dillard’s (NYSE:DDS), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), True Religion Apparel, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRLG), Cherokee Inc. (NASDAQ:CHKE), and The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC).
(Note: Data regarding V.F. Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>