4 Huge Industrials Moving the Dow

The Dow is up by 0.87 percent Tuesday, and currently stands at 13,328. A report that U.S. manufacturing is up might be the immediate cause.

Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA) will purchase 50 percent of China Eastern’s fleet of ten Airbus A340 jets, in a trade-in deal worth $6 billion to sell twenty Boeing 777s, according to a Reuters report. In this arrangement, Boeing may seek out buyers for rival Airbus jets.

Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT) saw union machinists walk off their jobs at its Joliet facility Tuesday, following their overwhelming rejection of a new six-year contract which would cover 780 workers. However, CAT is ready to keep production going, and says that it will retirees and managers to that purpose if necessary.

EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD) reports that it has bought full ownership of the Solae joint venture from Bunge (NYSE:BG). Solae is a major player in soy-based ingredients; previously DuPont controlled 72 percent with Bunge the remaining 28 percent.

General Electric Co. (NYSE:GE) switches to Australia this year for revenue, as that country is thought to be more promising in the generation of sales than is China. In this undertaking, GE is apparently reconsidering the value that the latter country might actually represent to it.

Want news like this in real-time so you can get an edge? Click here for Wall St. Cheat Sheet Pro.