5 Contrarian Stocks Smash 52-Week Highs as Markets Drop
Here are stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX): Up 0.51% to $55.44. The TJX Companies, Inc. is an off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the United States and worldwide. The Company operates off-price retail concepts in the U.S., Canada and Europe that offer a wide range of brand name and designer merchandise. Competitors to Watch: Gordmans Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMAN), Citi Trends, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTRN), Stein Mart, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMRT), Syms Corp. (NASDAQ:SYMS), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROST), Fred’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRED), Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT), Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M), and Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE:DDS).
- iShares Barclays TIPS Bond (NYSE:TIP): Up 0.56% to $111.53. iShares Barclays US Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will track the Barclays Capital US Treasury Inflation Notes Index. The Index measures the performance of inflation protected public obligation of the US Treasury, also known as “TIPS”.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down 1.49% to $290.74. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Up 0.33% to $111.44. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC): Up 0.25% to $113.60. VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants. Competitors to Watch: Gap (NYSE:GPS), Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP), Saks (NYSE:SKS), Macy’s (NYSE:M), Dillard’s (NYSE:DDS), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), True Religion Apparel, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRLG), Cherokee Inc. (NASDAQ:CHKE), and The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC).
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!