Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ:SIAL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation in Q3 2011:
- GENERATION INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,004,465 shares, worth $61,885,089.
- LORD ABBETT & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 480,059 shares, worth $29,576,435.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 294,003 shares, worth $18,113,525.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 158,746 shares, worth $9,780,341.
- JHL CAPITAL GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 117,638 shares, worth $7,247,677.
About the company: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation develops, manufactures, purchases and distributes a broad range of chemicals, biochemicals and equipment. The Company’s chemical products and kits are used in scientific research, including genomic and proteomic, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development and as key components in pharmaceutical, diagnostic and other high technology manufacturing.
Competitors to Watch: Techne Corporation (NASDAQ:TECH), Life Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ:LIFE), Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), Affymetrix, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFFX), Hawkins, Inc. (NASDAQ:HWKN), Enzo Biochem, Inc. (NYSE:ENZ), Aceto Corporation (NASDAQ:ACET), Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (NASDAQ:SDIX), and PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI).
(Note: Data regarding Sigma-Aldrich Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>