5 Funds Buying Shares of Plum Creek Timber Co.
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. (NYSE:PCL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,209,635 shares, worth $144,432,577.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 687,661 shares, worth $23,593,649.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 103,709 shares, worth $3,558,256.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 102,986 shares, worth $3,533,450.
- BURNHAM ASSET MANAGEMENT CORP /NY/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 76,694 shares, worth $2,631,371.
About the company: Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. grows, harvests, and markets timber and logs, and manufactures forest products such as lumber and plywood. The Company owns timberlands located in the United States. Plum Creek also owns natural resource businesses that focus on mineral extraction and natural gas production
Competitors to Watch: Potlatch Corporation (NYSE:PCH), Rayonier Inc. (NYSE:RYN), Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE:WY), Deltic Timber Corporation (NYSE:DEL), Universal Forest Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:UFPI), Louisiana-Pacific Corp. (NYSE:LPX), Pittsburgh & West Virginia Railroad (AMEX:PW), West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (NYSE:WFT).
(Note: Data regarding Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>