Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Western Union Co. (NYSE:WU).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Western Union Co. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 13,810,800 shares, worth $211,167,132.
- CHIEFTAIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,090,150 shares, worth $62,538,394.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,315,776 shares, worth $50,698,215.
- ELM RIDGE MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,182,700 shares, worth $33,373,483.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,882,682 shares, worth $28,786,208.
About the company: Western Union Company offers money transfer services. The Company offers consumer to consumer money transfer and bill paying services, and sells money orders.
Competitors to Watch: MoneyGram Intl., Inc. (NYSE:MGI), Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ:EEFT), MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE:MA), Visa (NYSE:V), Discover (NYSE:DFS), American Express (NYSE:AXP), Wright Express Corporation (NYSE:WXS), Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY), Global Payments Inc. (NYSE:GPN), Newtek Business Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:NEWT), FleetCor Tech., Inc. (NYSE:FLT), Green Dot Corporation (NYSE:GDOT), and M&F Worldwide Corp. (NYSE:MFW).
(Note: Data regarding Western Union Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>