Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of W.R. Berkley Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,442,400 shares, worth $143,711,640. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SAC CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 598,720 shares, worth $19,368,592. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 206,200 shares, worth $6,670,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LIBERTY MUTUAL GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 187,138 shares, worth $6,053,914. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ESSEX EQUITY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 79,936 shares, worth $2,585,930. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: W. R. Berkley Corporation, an insurance holding company, conducts operations in various segments of the property casualty insurance business. Segments include specialty lines of insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance, regional property casualty insurance, and international.
Competitors to Watch: White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), First Mercury Financial Corp. (NYSE:FMR), Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ:GBLI), OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:OB), Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL), Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL), and CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA).
(Note: Data regarding W.R. Berkley Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>