As the DJIA is up 186 points to 11,602 and the S&P 500 is up 21 points to 1,216, here are some steamy stocks shaking it up in the markets:
- ADTRAN Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN): Shares of ADTRAN Inc. are trading lower over 3% today. Investors appear to be taking profits as the company delivered strong double-digit top line growth. ADTRAN, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services a variety of high-speed digital transmission products. The Company’s products are used by telephone companies and corporate end-users to implement advanced digital data services over existing telephone networks. ADTRAN also offers a line of multiplexers which provides modular flexibility.
- Pepsico Inc. (NYSE:PEP): Shares of Pepsico Inc. are trading higher almost 4% today following a very impressive quarterly earnings report and 13% revenue jump. PepsiCo, Inc. operates worldwide beverage, snack and food businesses. The Company manufacture or uses contract manufacturers, market and sell a variety of grain-based snacks, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages and foods in countries throughout the world.
- Alcoa (NYSE:AA): Shares of Alcoa are rebounding with today’s rally after being down 3.5% earlier in the day. The company delivered strong double-digit revenue growth, but missed analyst expectations. Maybe people realize that 20+% revenue growth is not a recessionary statistic. Alcoa is a global producer of aluminum. It is mainly engaged in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina combined. It is actively involved in a range of industries, including technology, mining, smelting, and recycling.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S):Shares of Sprint are higher over 11% today as Blackberry hits a bump in the service road this morning. Also, the Apple deal with Sprint is proving to be a high demand mover as consumers continue to hit the Sprint website for the Apple iPhone 4S. Sprint Nextel Corp. offers a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services.
- Netfix (NASDAQ:NFLX): Shares of Netflix are up over 5% today after reversing its PR disaster downturn with investors. Netflix, Inc. provides subscription service streaming movies and TV episodes over the Internet and by mail.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>