Wall St. Watchdog uncovers large cap companies in the Consumer Non-Cyclical sector whose shares have declined by at least 10% year-to-date. The minimum market capitalization is $1 billion.
- Corning Incorporated (NYSE:GLW): This company’s stock has declined by -17.65% year-to-date, and it recently traded at $15.91. Its market capitalization is $24,977,200,000. About the company: Corning Incorporated is a global, technology-based company. The Company produces optical fiber, cable, and photonic components for the telecommunications industry, as well as manufactures glass panels, funnels, liquid crystal display glass and projection video lens assemblies for the information display industry. Corning Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Higher Expenses Shrinks Margins, Profit Declines>>
- Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS): This company’s stock has declined by -29.47% year-to-date, and it recently traded at $16.06. Its market capitalization is $11,453,250,000. About the company: Staples, Inc. retails office supplies, furniture, and technology. The Company’s customers include consumers and businesses in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Staples serves its customers through office superstores, mail order catalogs, the Internet, and a contract business.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (NYSE:TAP): This company’s stock has declined by -10.24% year-to-date, and it recently traded at $45.05. Its market capitalization is $8,433,066,000. About the company: Molson Coors Brewing Company brews beer through breweries in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. The Company conducts operations worldwide.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc. (NYSE:NWL): This company’s stock has declined by -14.63% year-to-date, and it recently traded at $15.52. Its market capitalization is $4,804,161,000. About the company: Newell Rubbermaid Inc. manufactures and markets branded consumer products which are sold through a variety of retail and wholesale distribution channels. The Company’s products include housewares, juvenile products, home furnishings, office products, tools and hardware, and hair accessories.
- Snyder S Lance Inc (NASDAQ:LNCE): This company’s stock has declined by -12.93% year-to-date, and it recently traded at $20.41. Its market capitalization is $1,371,540,000. About the company: Lance, Inc. manufactures, markets, and distributes a variety of snack foods. The Company’s products include sandwich crackers, cookies, restaurant crackers and bread basket items, candy, chips, meat snacks, nuts, and cake items. Lance’s products are sold under its own brand names, private labels, and third party brands to grocery and mass merchants, vending operations, and other customers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>