5 New Funds Buy DreamWorks Animation Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. (NASDAQ:DWA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,441,300 shares, worth $44,382,834.
- RIVER ROAD ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 837,490 shares, worth $15,225,568.
- FIRST TRUST ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 237,751 shares, worth $4,322,313.
- ALGER FRED MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 190,535 shares, worth $3,463,926.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 135,975 shares, worth $2,472,026.
About the company: DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. develops and produces computer generated animated feature films for a broad movie-going audience.
Competitors to Watch: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF), CKX Inc. (NASDAQ:CKXE), Seven Arts Pictures PLC (NASDAQ:SAPX), Point.360 (NASDAQ:PTSX), World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE), and Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ:RENT). Lions Gate Entertainment (NYSE:LGF), Disney (NYSE:DIS), Sony (NYSE:SNE), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Comcast Corp (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN), IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX), News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) and Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX).
(Note: Data regarding DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>