5 Stocks Attracting Major Trading Interest July 5th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is flat following 4th of July weekend at 12,579, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is flat at 1,337 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is higher 4 points to 2,820 on the 127th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Shares are higher 1.56% to $348.55 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands. Mark Hulbert, Apple is far from losing its shine. Apple was undervalued a few weeks ago and now investors are back on the bandwagon with a 9% rise in shares. Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
2) Immucor, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLUD): Shares are higher 30% to $26,99 per share today. Over 18 million shares have traded hands. TPG Capital is acquiring Immucor for $1.97 billion in cold hard cash, or $27 per share. Immucor, Inc. manufactures and sells a line of reagents and systems used by hospitals, reference laboratories, and donor centers throughout the world. The Company’s products are used to detect and identify certain properties of the cell and serum components of blood prior to transfusion. Immucor markets a complete family of automated instrumentation for all market segments.
3) Altria (NYSE:MO): Shares are higher 1.17% to $26,99 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands. Inflation alert: The company will raise the price of all its Phillip Morris cigarette brands by 9 cents per pack. The new price increase begins Thursday, July 8th. Do you think there will be less smokers or more profits for Altria? Addictions crave a premium. We think profits.
4) Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Shares of Clearwire Corporation are trading higher 4.45% to $3.99 per share today. Over 4 million shares have traded hands. Investors are going gaga over the latest positive Credit Suisse stock rating and upside price target of $6 per share. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Sprint (NYSE:S), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
5) Gold Resource Corporation (AMEX:GORO): Shares of Gold Resource Corporation are trading lower 3.57% to $23.28 per share today. Over 1.77 million shares have traded hands. The junior minor is receiving the negative downside pressure due to a negative article in Barron’s over the weekend. Gold Resource Corporation explores for gold (NYSE:GLD) and other precious metals (NYSE:SLV). The Company currently holds interest in properties in Mexico. For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>