5 Stocks Attracting Major Trading Interest June 15th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) breaking down below Dow 12,000 to 11,882, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is down at 1,263 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is lower to 2,630 on the 114th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Pandora (NYSE:P): Shares are higher 13.75% to $18.16 per share today. Over 36 million shares have traded hands. The company officially went public today. Shares were originally priced at $8 per share and then doubled to $16 per share closer to IPO time. The stock hit a high of $26 per share today, even though the media company is not yet profitable. Pandora is an internet radio station generating playlists based on a user’s favorite artist or song. Pandora’s service, free to its more than 80 million registered users and available only in the US, is supported by local and national advertising. Pandora chief strategy officer Tim Westergren founded the company in 2000. Competitors to Watch: Sirius Satellite Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI), LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD), AOL (NYSE:AOL) and CBS (NYSE:CBS).
2) The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG): Shares of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company are trading lower 6% to $49.20 per share today. Over 2.7 million shares have traded hand. SMG issued an earnings outlook between $3.10 and $3.20 for its fiscal 2011, down from earlier projections of as much as $3.70. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company markets branded consumer lawn and garden products, as well as a full range of products for professional horticulture. The Company manufactures and markets fertilizers, pest controls, plant foods, gardening soils, grass seed, and other products in North America and Europe. Scotts Miracle-Gro also provides lawn service in the United States.
3) Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F): Shares are lower 2% to $13.14 per share today. Over 66 million shares have traded hands relative to the daily average of 59 million. The company issued its forecast to the public this morning for the remainder of the year and it was dimmer than its first quarter 13-year high results. Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary. Competitors to Watch: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM), Honda Motor CO., Ltd. (NYSE:HMC), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tata Motors Limited (NYSE:TTM) and Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV).
4) Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ:FNSR): Shares of Finisar Corporation are trading lower 6% to $17.89 per share today. Over 4.5 million shares have traded hands. The company is set to release quarterly earnings after the bell. Finisar Corporation provides fiber optic subsystems and network performance test systems which enable high-speed data communications over local area network and storage area networks. The Company’s line of optical subsystems supports a variety of network applications, transmission speeds, distances, and mediums. Finisar also provides network performance test systems. Competitors to Watch: JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU), Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR), Oplink Communications, Inc (NASDAQ:OPLK), EMCORE Corporation (NASDAQ:EMKR), Opnext, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXT), Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFOP), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), and Arris Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARRS).
5) Rare Element Res Ltd Ordinary Shares (AMEX:REE): Shares of Rare Element Res Ltd Ordinary Shares are trading higher 3% to $10.17 per share today. Over 3.6 million shares have traded hands today. Executives stated the Bear Lodge project in Wyoming has 20% more rare earth oxides in it than anticipated prior. Rare Element Resources Ltd. acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company’s principal asset is a rare earth metals project located in Wyoming in the United States. Competitors to Watch: Molycorp (NYSE:MCP).
Father’s Day is Approaching June 19th: Make Your Father the Rich Dad with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s Winning Newsletter!