US markets closed mixed yesterday as investors continue to pile into risky assets.
Here are a few of today’s most active stocks trading pre-market:
1) Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD): Shares of the retailer and seller of doughnuts and packaged sweet are down $0.85 or 12.07% after reporting a fiscal Q4 loss on a negative credit charge and slimmer margins. However, the company reported a rise in same-store sales of 2.2%.
2) Alexander & Baldwin Inc. (NYSE:ALEX): Shares of the company engaged in property development and agribusiness operations are up $4.23 or 9.27% after an announcement that Bill Ackman’s company, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P. bought an 8.6% stake. The stake is worth $148 million.
3) Xyratex Ltd. (NASDAQ:XRTX): Shares of the provider of data storage solutions are down $0.84 or 7.53% after announcing fiscal Q1 earnings that dropped 82%. The drop came on weaker margins and higher operating costs.
4) Christopher & Banks Corp. (NYSE:CBK): Shares of the retailer of women’s apparel are down $0.28 or 4.32% after forecasting a worse-than-expect fiscal Q4 loss. The loss is coming from increased merchandise markdowns.
5) Omeros Corp. (NASDAQ:OMER): Shares of the clinical stage pharmaceutical company are down $2.88 or 36.00% after announcing poor Phase 3 results from its drug. The drug did not meet the points of the research.
Keep these stocks on your watch list for today’s trading. And if you’re invested in precious metals, Here’s Your Guide To Debunking Gold Bears.