5 Top Stocks Achieve 52-Week Highs as Dow Jones Clears 11,000
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 5 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 0.95% to $51.84. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- Hershey Co. (NYSE:HSY): Up 1.56% to $60.00. The Hershey Company manufactures chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s principal products include confectionery and snack products; gum and mint refreshment products; and food and beverage enhancers such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN): Up 0.05% to $66.18. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches and develops proprietary immunoregulatory compounds for the treatment of autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases. The Company develops C5 complement inhibitors and Apogens which are two classes of potential therapeutic compounds designed to selectively target specific disease-causing segments of the immune system.
- Limited Brands, Inc. (NYSE:LTD): Up 4.71% to $42.27. Limited Brands, Inc. owns and operates specialty stores throughout the United States. The Company, through its retail stores, offer a wide range of products, including women’s apparel, women’s lingerie, beauty products and accessories, personal care, and home fragrance products. The Company’s stores also offer products via the Internet.
- Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ:CERN): Up 3.09% to $71.30. Cerner Corporation is a worldwide supplier of healthcare solutions and services. The Company’s Solutions are designed to optimize clinical and financial outcomes for healthcare organizations ranging from single-doctor practices, to health systems, to entire countries, for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, and for the healthcare commerce system.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>