52-Week Lows: Freeport-McMoRan and 16 Large-Cap Stocks
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 17 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Aluminum Corporation Of China Limited (NYSE:ACH): Down 4.97% to $13.77. Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, also known as Chalco, is a producer of alumina and primary aluminum in China. The Company refines bauxite into alumina and smelts aluminato to produce primary aluminum.
- Air Lease Corporation (NYSE:AL): Down 1.09% to $20.02. Air Lease Corporation is an aircraft leasing company. The Company is principally engaged in purchasing commercial aircraft and leasing to airlines around the world. Air Lease operates on a global basis, providing aircraft to airline customers in regions that include Asia, the Pacific Rim, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- Alumina Ltd. (NYSE:AWC): Down 3.74% to $6.17. Alumina Limited is an Australian resource company that produces alumina. The Company owns about 40% of Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals through a joint venture with Alcoa.
- CNOOC Ltd. (NYSE:CEO): Down 3.87% to $169.98. CNOOC Limited, through its subsidiaries, explores, develops, produces, and sells crude oil and natural gas.
- CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:CX): Down 5.35% to $4.60. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Companhia Paranaense de Energia (NYSE:ELP): Down 2.89% to $20.14. Companhia Paranaense de Energia-Copel generates, transmits, transforms and distributes electric power to the entire Brazilian State of Parana. The Company’s major customers are industrial, residential and rural electricity consumers. Copel generates electricity through the operation of fifteen hydroelectric plants and three thermoelectric plants.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Down 3.29% to $40.22. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR): Down 2.09% to $83.91. First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE:FXI): Down 3.3% to $35.41. iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index Fund is an exchange traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index. The Fund invests 90% of its assets in the underlying index, which represents the performance of the largest companies in the China equity market.
- Hospira Inc. (NYSE:HSP): Down 2.41% to $38.50. Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
- Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL): Down 2.63% to $15.16. Mechel is a Russian metals and mining company, uniting producers of steel, rolled products, hardware, coal, iron ore concentrate, and nickel. The Company’s products are marketed domestically and internationally.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR-A): Down 2.02% to $23.75.
- Sims Metal Management Limited (NYSE:SMS): Down 3.95% to $13.62. Sims Metal Management Ltd. collects, sorts and processes scrap metal materials which are recycled for resale. The Company’s divisions include ferrous recycling, non-ferrous recycling, secondary processing of non-ferrous metals and plastics, international trading of metal commodities and the merchandising of steel semi-fabricated products.
- Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM): Down 4.03% to $14.06. Talisman Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas producer. The Company has operations in North America, the North Sea, and Indonesia. Talisman is also conducting exploration in Southeast Asia, Algeria, Qatar, Colombia and Trinidad.
- Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:TNE): Down 1.23% to $11.23. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. is a telecommunication service provider in Brazil. The Company offers a range of integrated telecommunication services that includes fixed-line and mobile telecommunications, data transmission, Internet service provider (NYSE:ISP) services and other services, for residential and business customers.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE:UNG): 0% to $9.67. United States Natural Gas Fund LP is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is for the units’ net asset value to reflect the performance of the price of natural gas delivered at the Henry Hub, Louisiana, as measured by the futures contract on natural gas traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down 5.43% to $18.99. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>