Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 35 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Down 3.64% to $10.84. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL): Down 5.06% to $23.09. The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides property-liability insurance, as well as other types of insurance in the United States and Canada. The Company primarily sells private passenger automobile and homeowners insurance through independent and specialized brokers. Allstate also sells life insurance, annuity, and group pension products through agents.
- Apache Corp. (NYSE:APA): Down 3.35% to $91.35. Apache Corporation is an independent energy company. The Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company has operations in North America, onshore Egypt, offshore Western Australia, offshore the United Kingdom in the North Sea (North Sea), and onshore Argentina, as well as on the Chilean side of the island of Tierra del Fuego.
- Banco Bradesco S.A. (NYSE:BBD): Down 4.45% to $15.68. Banco Bradesco S.A. attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers business loans, personal credit, mortgages, lease financing, mutual funds, securities brokerage, and Internet banking services. Bradesco operates in Brazil and Argentina, the United States, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom. Bradesco offers credit cards, insurance, and pension funds.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Down 6.85% to $39.96. Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
- CNOOC Ltd. (NYSE:CEO): Down 5.9% to $158.88. CNOOC Limited, through its subsidiaries, explores, develops, produces, and sells crude oil and natural gas.
- Encana Corporation (NYSE:ECA): Down 5.25% to $21.64. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index (NYSE:EEM): Down 3.71% to $37.59. iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the MSCI TR Emerging Markets Index. The Fund will concentrate its investments in a particular industry or geographic region to approximately the same extent the Index is so concentrated.
- Enersis S.A. (NYSE:ENI): Down 2.98% to $17.89. Enersis S.A. generates and transmits electricity in Chile, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, and Brazil. Through subsidiaries, the Company operates electricity generating plants and energy distribution systems, develops real estate, and provides data processing and computer maintenance services.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): Down 4.24% to $83.43. EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN): Down 6.09% to $36.21. Eaton Corporation manufactures engineered products which serve industrial, vehicle, construction, commercial, and aerospace markets. The Company’s principal products include hydraulic products and fluid connectors, electrical power distribution and control equipment, truck drivetrain systems, engine components, and a wide variety of controls.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Down 7.68% to $35.59. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD): Down 3.83% to $57.27. General Dynamics Corporation is a diversified defense company. The Company offers a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding design and construction; and information systems, technologies and services.
- Corning Inc. (NYSE:GLW): Down 3.95% to $12.89. Corning Incorporated is a global, technology-based company. The Company produces optical fiber, cable, and photonic components for the telecommunications industry, as well as manufactures glass panels, funnels, liquid crystal display glass and projection video lens assemblies for the information display industry.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS): Down 4.63% to $97.86. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals.
- Ita (NYSE:ITUB): Down 4.43% to $15.54. Itau Unibanco Holding SA attracts deposits and offer retail, commercial, corporate, and private banking services. The Bank offers consumer loans, financial management, insurance, pension plans, treasury services, mortgage loans, lease financing, securities brokerage, and foreign exchange services.
- Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. (NYSE:IVN): Down 10.62% to $16.84. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. explores for and develops mineral and metal properties in Asia and Australia. The Company explores for gold and copper at the Oyu Tolgoi mine in southern Mongolia; and holds interests in companies that mine coal in Mongolia, molybdenum and rhenium in Australia, and gold at the Kyzyl Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>