Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 35 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM): Down 5.92% to $30.34. JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
- KB Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:KB): Down 3.04% to $33.15. KB Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for Kookmin Bank. The Bank attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. Kookmin offers mortgage and home equity, consumer and corporate loans; credit cards; securities investment and trading services; investment banking; investment advice; foreign exchange services; and insurance.
- Korea Electric Power Corp. (NYSE:KEP): Down 2.11% to $9.29. Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) generates, transmits, and distributes electricity to South Korea for a variety of uses. The Company also builds and operates hydro-power, thermal-power, and nuclear power units in South Korea.
- Mobile Telesystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT): Down 3.06% to $13.95. Mobile TeleSystems provides mobile telephone services in Russia and the former Soviet Union. The Company uses the GSM 900/1800 standard, operating throughout Russia and throughout Belarus, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Down 8.6% to $13.82. Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
- Arcelor Mittal (NYSE:MT): Down 3.68% to $16.47. ArcelorMittal produces steel. The Company manufactures cold rolled, electrogalvanized and coated steels, slabs, special quality bars, and wire rods. Arcelor Mittal has steel making operations in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR-A): Down 3.93% to $22.48.
- POSCO (NYSE:PKX): Down 5.55% to $84.94. POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Down 5.24% to $21.54. Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
- Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO): Down 6.25% to $51.29. Rio Tinto PLC is an international mining company. The Company has interests in mining for aluminum, borax, coal, copper, gold, iron ore, lead, silver, tin, uranium, zinc, titanium dioxide feedstock, diamonds, talc and zircon. Rio Tinto’s various mining operations are located in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, South America, Europe, and Indonesia.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. (NYSE:SHG): Down 5.17% to $67.71. Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., a holding company, provides a full range of consumer and commercial banking-related financial services. The company’s main businesses include banking, securities brokerage, trust banking, and assets management to individuals, businesses, and other financial institutions.
- Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU): Down 3.85% to $27.95. Suncor Energy, Inc. is a integrated energy company focused on developing the Athabasca oil sands basin. The Company extracts and upgrades oil sands into refinery feedstock and diesel fuel, explores for, develops and produces natural gas, refines crude oil and markets a range of petroleum and petrochemical products, and operates crude oil pipelines and retail petroleum stations.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK): Down 6.67% to $33.88. Teck Resources Ltd. is an integrated natural resource group with activities in mining, smelting, and refining. The Company mines zinc, copper, molybdenum, gold, and metallurgical coal in the United States, Canada, Peru, and Chile. Teck also produces refined metals, specialized metal products, and other products.
- Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM): Down 3.32% to $13.67. Talisman Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas producer. The Company has operations in North America, the North Sea, and Indonesia. Talisman is also conducting exploration in Southeast Asia, Algeria, Qatar, Colombia and Trinidad.
- Tenaris SA (NYSE:TS): Down 5.5% to $27.81. Tenaris S.A. manufactures seamless steel pipe products on a global basis. The Company also provides pipe handling, stocking, and distribution services to the oil and gas, energy, and mechanical industries. In addition, Tenaris supplies welded steel pipes for gas pipelines in South America.
- Grupo Televisa SA (NYSE:TV): Down 2.79% to $18.11. Grupo Televisa S.A. is the largest media company in the Spanish-speaking world, and a major player in the international entertainment business. It has interests in television production and broadcasting, programming, direct-to-home satellite services, publishing and publishing distribution, cable television, radio production, show business, feature film and internet portal.
- UBS AG (NYSE:UBS): Down 2.81% to $11.07. UBS AG is a wealth management, investment banking, and asset management firm. The Company provides a variety of financial services to individuals, institutions, corporations, governments, and financial intermediaries around the world.
- Vanguard MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (NYSE:VWO): Down 3.81% to $38.68. Vanguard Emerging Markets ETF is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks to track the performance of the MSCI Daily TR Net Emerging Markets USD Index. The Fund invests its assets in the stocks that make up the Index, holding each stock in the same proportion as its weighting.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>