The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is bouncing back to 12,381, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is trading lower 11 points at 1,304 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) down 24 points at 2,765 on the 136th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI): Shares of Gannett Co., Inc. are trading lower 3.64% to $12.99 per share today. The media company disappointed shareholders again with a dismal earnings report. Gannett Co., Inc. is an international news and information company that publishes various daily newspapers in the United States and the United Kingdom, including “USA TODAY” and “USA WEEKEND,” a newspaper magazine. The Company also operates television stations in major United States markets as well as operates websites offering news, information and advertising. Gannett Co., Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Two Straight Quarters of Falling Profit>>
2) Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS): Shares of Hasbro, Inc. are trading lower 4.81% to $39.98 per share today. The toy company did not impress shareholders today with its latest quarterly reports. Hasbro, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets toys, games, interactive software, puzzles, and infant products in the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include a variety of games, including traditional board, card, hand-held electronic, trading card, role-playing and DVD games, as well as electronic learning aids and puzzles as well as dolls and action figures. Hasbro, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Margins Keep Shrinking, but Net Income Increases>>
3) WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): Shares of WebMD Health Corp. are trading lower over 30% to $32.34 per share today. The company reduced yearly guidance on its company results. The lowered forecast was a buzz kill to current shareholders. WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans. The Company provides its services through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
4) Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:NABI): Shares of Nabi Biopharmaceuticals are trading lower 66% to $1.90 per share today. The company failed a drug study and quickly let the air out of company shares today. Nabi Biopharmaceuticals is a vertically integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on drugs that prevent and treat infectious and autoimmune diseases. The Company currently provides biopharmaceuticals, including Nabi-HB for the prevention of hepatitis B infections, and WinRho SDF for the treatment of HIV-related immune thrombocytopenia. Nabi also has a clinical trials program.
5) Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP): Shares of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. are trading higher over 8% to $61.17 per share today. The company delivered a strong quarterly report today with a 24% jump in profits. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets and supports a range of software and hardware products and services for information technology security and offers its customers a network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
6) PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS): Shares of PetMed Express, Inc. are trading lower over 7% to $10.76 per share today. The company released a weak quarterly report this morning. PetMed Express, Inc. is a pet pharmacy. The Company offers prescription and nonprecription pet medications, as well as health and nutritional supplements. PetMed Express offers its products via telephone, fax, mail, and the Internet to customers throughout the United States. PetMed Express, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profit Falls>>