6 Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs As Dow Declines
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Down 0.39% to $89.65. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Down 1.99% to $45.73. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Down 0.11% to $18.20. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down 4.06% to $262.59. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
- Banco de Chile (NYSE:BCH): Down 0.31% to $88.18. Banco de Chile attracts deposits and offers retail and commercial banking services. The Bank offers credit, mortgage loans, co-branded credit cards, securities brokerage services, mutual funds, factoring, insurance, and investment products. Banco de Chile operates a network of branches in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and the United States.
- Forest Laboratories Inc. (NYSE:FRX): Down 1.6% to $36.31. Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells both branded and generic forms of ethical products which require a physician’s prescription. The Company also manufactures non-prescription pharmaceutical products sold over-the-counter, which are used for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses. Forest’s products are marketed in the United States and eastern Europe. Competitors to Watch: Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Clinical Data (NASDAQ:CLDA), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Lannett Company (AMEX:LCI), Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL), Watson Pharma (NYSE:WPI), Impax (NASDAQ:IPXL), Par Pharma (NYSE:PRX), Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE).
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!