The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is trading up 10 points to 12,200, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is higher 2 point at 1,297 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is up 4 points to 2,691 on the 119th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (NYSE:PHG): Shares of Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV are trading lower over 10% to $23.21 per share today. Over 10 million shares have traded hands relative to the 1 million daily share average. The electronics giant lowered its profit forecast this morning. Shareholders are penalizing the share price due to the disappointment. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
2) CarMax, Inc (NYSE:KMX): Shares of CarMax, Inc are trading higher 8.22% to $33.04 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands today relative to the 2.72 million daily average. CarMax, Inc. sells at retail new and used cars and light trucks. Used car sales continue to drive solid results for the auto retailer. Investors were happy with the latest quarterly results this morning and are boosting shares throughout today. The Company purchases, reconditions, and sells new and used vehicles in its superstores and franchises throughout the United States. Competitors to Watch: Copart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPRT), America’s Car-Mart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRMT), KAR Auction Services Inc (NYSE:KAR), AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE:AN), Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:PAG), Group one Automotive, Inc. (NYSE:GPI), Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F), General Motors (NYSE:GM), Toyota Motor (NYSE:TM) and Sonic Automotive, Inc. (NYSE:SAH).
3) FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX): Shares of FedEx Corporation are trading higher 3.55% to $92.29 per share today. Over 4 million shares have traded hands today relative to the 2.34 million daily average. FedEx is seeing higher freight volume, double-digit profit growth and higher demand. China is adding to the global recovery for FedEx. Shareholders are satisfied with a 3% moved to the upside today. FedEx Corp. delivers packages and freight to multiple countries and territories throught an integrated global network. The Company provides worldwide express delivery, ground small-parcel delivery, less-than-truckload freight delivery, supply chain management services, customs brokerage services, and trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions. Competitors to Watch: United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS), Air Transport Services Group Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG), Air T, Inc. (NASDAQ:AIRT), OfficeMax (NYSE:OMX), Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS) and Office Depot (NYSE:ODP).
4) Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE): Shares of Adobe Systems Incorporated are trading lower 5.25% to $30.34 per share today. Over 14 million shares have traded hands relative to the daily 4 million average. European sales came in weaker than expected. With all the media drama surrounding Greece’s gloomy picture, the stock is selling off. Adobe Systems Incorporated develops, markets, and supports computer software products and technologies. The Company’s products allow users to express and use information across all print and electronic media. Adobe offers a line of application software products, type products, and content for creating, distributing, and managing information. Competitors to Watch: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ:SNIC), Monotype Imaging Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:TYPE), Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ:BITS), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), and Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ:SOFO)
5) AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV): Shares of AeroVironment, Inc. are trading higher 21% to $34.68 per share today. Almost 2 million shares have traded hands today relative to the 200,000 daily average. Profits rose by double-digits in its latest earnings report. Jeffries & Co. released a very positive research not and boosted their price target on the stock. Shareholders are smiling today. Aerovironment Inc. designs, develops, produces and supports small unmanned aircraft systems, and fast charge systems for electric industrial vehicle batteries.
6) Jabil Circuit, Inc. (NYSE:JBL): Shares of Jabil Circuit, Inc. are trading higher 4.51% to $19.70 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands relative to the 3 million daily average. The company reported a double in profits year-over-year. This Wall St. Cheat Sheet 2011 Premium Stock Selection is rewarding patient shareholders today. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an electronic manufacturing services provider for international electronics companies in the communications, personal computer, peripheral, consumer, and automotive markets. The Company offers circuit design, board design from schematic, prototype assembly, volume board assembly, system assembly, repair, and warranty services. Competitors to Watch: Sanmina-SCI Corporation (NASDAQ:SANM), Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (NYSE:BHE), Kimball International (NASDAQ:KBALB), Plexus Corp. (NASDAQ:PLXS), Celestica Inc. (NYSE:CLS), SigmaTron International (NASDAQ:SGMA), SMTC Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTX), CTS Corporation (NYSE:CTS), Flextronics Intl. Ltd. (NASDAQ:FLEX), and Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA).
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>