The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is bouncing higher today at 12,634, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is up 5 points at 1,340 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is rising to 2828 on the 87th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
1) Citigroup (NYSE:C): Shares are trading up 1% to $4.53 per share today. Over 415 million shares have traded hands. The stock was upgraded today by Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS). Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
2) iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Shares are bouncing up today 2% to $34.40 per share. Over 173 million shares have traded hands. You heard it ahead of the curve at Wall St. Cheat Sheet how to play this week’s Silver collapse. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
3) Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI): The stock continues to rise today, up over 4%, to $2.20 per share. Over 143 million shares have traded hands. SIRI had a very well-received quarterly earnings report this week. Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio.
4) Bank of America (NYSE:BAC): Shares are flat today at $12.30 per share. Over 93 million shares have traded hands. Morgan Stanly says buy Citigroup and nobody cares about Bank of America stock today. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
5) Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU): Shares are down 2.4% to $6.11 per share today. Over 77 million shares have treaded hands. Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems.
6) Intel (NASDAQ:INTC): Shares are down 1.65% to $23.20 per share today. Over 80 million shares have traded hands. Invetors appear to be cashing in profits ahead of the weekend as the stock is near 52-week highs. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.