The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is steadily moving higher to 12,625, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is up at 1,339 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is higher 8 points to 2,834 on the 128th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM): Shares of International Business Machines Corporation are trading up 1% to $177.51 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands today. The company’s stock hit a 52-week today, displayed major leadership in the markets as a heavyweight Dow component. International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers. Competitors to Watch: Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), SAP (NYSE:SAP), Teradata (NYSE:TDC) and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT).
2) Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:PM): Shares of Philip Morris are trading up 1.99% to $68.53 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands today. Investors are finding safety in big tobacco and a steady 3.8% annual dividend for holding PM shares. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands. Competitors to Watch: Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO), Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), and Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR).
3) Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): Shares of Google Inc. are trading up almost 1% to $535.80 per share today. Almost 2 million shares have traded hands today. Hulu is up for sale and Google is looking to make a bid into the continued expansion of their TV business model. Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches. Competitors to Watch: Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Bidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).
4) Travelzoo Inc (NASDAQ:TZOO): Shares of Travelzoo Inc are trading higher 5.47% to $77.20 per share today. Over 1 million shares have traded hands. Investors are seeing positive trends in air and car travel this Summer compared to last Summer. With declining gas prices this Summer, travel companies should see a boost in business. Travelzoo Inc. provides online marketing solutions to the travel industry. Through the Company’s Web site, its newsletter, and by using its listing management software, travel companies can inform Internet users about their specials. Travelzoo serves companies such as Alamo Rent-A-Car, Delta Airlines (NYSE:DAL), Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), and Hilton Hotels.
5) The St. Joe Company (NYSE:JOE): Shares of The St. Joe Company are trading higher over 2% to $19.39 per share today. More shares than the daily average have traded hands. Shares are bouncing following the downard pressure applied in prior trading sessions regarding the SEC probe into their accounting. The St. Joe Company is a real estate operating company. The Company provides community, commercial, industrial, leisure, and resort development, as well as timber, and commercial real estate services
6) Hutchinson Technology Incorporated (NASDAQ:HTCH): Shares of Hutchinson Technology Incorporated are trading higher 18.5% to $2.69 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands. The company pre-accounced today and revised estimates higher for third quarter results. Even this small dose of news is a positive sign for the tech sector’s upcoming earnings releases later this month. Hutchinson Technology Incorporated manufactures and supplies suspension assemblies for hard disk drives. The Company’s suspension assemblies hold recording heads in position above the spinning magnetic disks. Hutchinson Technology supplies its products to users of suspension assemblies around the world. Competitors to Watch: Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), STEC (NASDAQ:STEC), SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK), Dot Hill (NASDAQ:HILL), Overland Storage (NASDAQ:OVRL), Hutchinson (NASDAQ:HTCH), Quantum (NYSE:QTM), ADPT Corp (ADPT), Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) and OCZ Tech (NASDAQ:OCZ)
For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>