7 Big Stocks Achieve 52-Week Highs As U.S. Financial Markets Stumble
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 7 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Down 0.1% to $19.88. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Down 0.29% to $51.52. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- Magellan Midstream Partners LP (NYSE:MMP): Down 0.8% to $60.94. Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. is primarily involved in the storage, transportation, and distribution of refined petroleum products and ammonia. The Company’s asset portfolio includes a pipe line system serving the mid-continent region of the United States, petroleum products marine terminal facilities, petroleum products terminals, and an ammonia pipeline system.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN): Up 3.15% to $31.80. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes therapeutic enzyme products. The Company has applied its proprietary enzyme technology to develop products for lysosomal storage diseases and for the treatment of serious burns. BioMarin’s subsidiary provides analytical and diagnostic products and services in the area of carbohydrate biology.
- Treehouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE:THS): Down 1.11% to $61.29. TreeHouse Foods, Inc. is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels. The Company’s products include non-dairy powdered coffee creamer; canned soups, salad dressings and sauces; salsa and Mexican sauces; jams and pie fillings, pickles, and related products.
- KiOR, Inc. (KIOR): Down 0.94% to $20.10.
- HSN, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSNI): Down 1.59% to $34.59. HSN, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and retails computers and electronics, fashion items, home and kitchen goods, jewelry, and health, beauty, and fitness products through its shows, which are broadcast via cable, satellite, and network television.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>